In Cinema Mode, outdoor distant pictures are weirdly pixalated

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks, wondering if anyone else is experiencing the following:

I was taking pictures outside, and I immediately noticed that some of the pictures of things taken far away, like the road going up the street, were super pixalated, like a grid. It wasn't happening for close-ups. I thought something was wrong with the camera, but after fiddling with the settings I realized that the pictures displayed crisp in all other display modes, adpaptive, photo, or basic. I like the more vibrant look of cinema mode though, but I can't stand looking at pixalated pictures. Is my phone defective?

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
OK so I went back to T Mobile. I showed them the issue (pixalated outdoor landscape pictures, only in cinema mode). The rep said since they display fine in the three other screen modes, it's a software issue. So it needs to be fixed through an update, and replacing the phone isn't going to help because a new phone will do the same thing. We were able to verify this by displaying the same picture on the store's demo unit. It looked great in other modes but all pixelated in cinema mode. So it's not some random defect on just my phone.

It's very difficult to describe what this thing is and to reproduce it. It has to be outside, it has to have a lot of distant background and not be a close-up, and even then it doesn't happen with every picture, and when it does happen it's not that noticeable if it's something busy like grass. It's more noticeable with a black asphalt street. Pixelated like crazy. turn off cinema mode, and it goes away. Or zoom in a little bit, and it goes away. Weirdest thing I've ever seen a phone camera do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member