So my idea on this particular thread was to create a simple dialogue of some things that you may or may not be familiar with previous versions of Samsung Galaxy phones, Lollipop issues, carrier issues, how the device generally performs but you're wondering if there is something that you are missing that might have a fix out there. Let me start...

"I'm annoyed that I cannot delete a simple text with the swipe over a whole conversation with a trashcan button!! If someone just text me I will be there in 15 minutes, the notification sound and light will come on if I have them turned on (don't worry I know how to turn them off) but to delete that text I have to go under the messaging app and then "More" -- "Edit" -- "check the boxes if applicable" -- hit delete.

If I swipe left it just takes me into that person's list of text messages and then I follow the same instructions

If I swipe right it automatically calls them

All I want to do is to be able to hit a button and delete it. I want a delete button on that persons screen rather than under the "More" list of options.

Anyone have a solution?"

Now that wasn't too hard was it? It's not about a particular issue like griping about the battery, it's not my phone is not working, it's not Verizon sucks, it's help me find an easier way to do this on my phone. Like double tapping the home button to get the camera. "Genius! Thank you!!"
    04-16-2015 04:15 PM
    I took my S6 Edge to the gym with me for the first time yesterday. I plugged in the Samsung ear buds that came with the phone and my music was cutting out every 15 seconds or so. I turned off my wifi and bluetooth and nfc. I unplugged the headphones and plugged them back in. I restarted the music app. My music kept stopping for a second and then starting again. I finally powered down the phone and turned it back. This solved my problem but I was already pissed at that point. This is my first Samsung phone ever and the experience was frustrating.
    04-16-2015 07:19 PM
    My notification sound keeps going off every 15 seconds or so. The first night I had the phone, I transferred over all of my music from my HTC One to my S6 Edge over Bluetooth through ES File Explorer. Everytime I received a notification that a transfer was complete, my phone would alert me intermittently until I cleared it. And there are times that my phone is alerting me and I check my notifications and there is nothing there. It got so annoying that I just turned my notification volume off. But that's not a great solution either because I miss alerts that I actually WANT to receive. I have not been able to find a setting to only sound the notification once . Sometimes I can't get to my phone right away if I'm in the middle of something and that constant reminder to check my alerts is driving me nuts.
    13ringinheat likes this.
    04-16-2015 07:26 PM
    Coming from the HTC one M7 i cant help but wish having the HTC sense software on this phone's hardware. If that was done this would be the perfect phone for me.
    04-16-2015 08:30 PM
    Coming from the HTC one M7 i cant help but wish having the HTC sense software on this phone's hardware. If that was done this would be the perfect phone for me.
    It would be amazing for sure
    04-16-2015 08:36 PM
    So my idea on this particular thread was to create a simple dialogue of some things that you may or may not be familiar with previous versions of Samsung Galaxy phones, Lollipop issues, carrier issues, how the device generally performs but you're wondering if there is something that you are missing that might have a fix out there. Let me start...

"I'm annoyed that I cannot delete a simple text with the swipe over a whole conversation with a trashcan button!! If someone just text me I will be there in 15 minutes, the notification sound and light will come on if I have them turned on (don't worry I know how to turn them off) but to delete that text I have to go under the messaging app and then "More" -- "Edit" -- "check the boxes if applicable" -- hit delete.

If I swipe left it just takes me into that person's list of text messages and then I follow the same instructions

If I swipe right it automatically calls them

All I want to do is to be able to hit a button and delete it. I want a delete button on that persons screen rather than under the "More" list of options.

Anyone have a solution?"

Now that wasn't too hard was it? It's not about a particular issue like griping about the battery, it's not my phone is not working, it's not Verizon sucks, it's help me find an easier way to do this on my phone. Like double tapping the home button to get the camera. "Genius! Thank you!!"
    "Delete" or "mark as read". Annoys the heck out of me I can't mark it as read from the notification screen, have to actually go in there to do it. Love that double home button camera launch! (They should have done that one a long time ago)
    Kyle Tate likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:39 PM
    Coming from a long line of HTC phones, that was initially one of my big concerns, but I'm actually doing OK with TouchWiz so far. I guess I was ready for something different. Honestly, the only thing I really miss is BlinkFeed. I enjoyed it for the the Automotive Highlights and the host of sites it aggregated stories from. I just go to some of those sites directly now, but enjoyed having it all in the BF widget. Maybe HTC will make BF available to everyone else at some point as has been suggested.
    04-16-2015 09:51 PM
    I am annoyed by the fact that every time I receive a text message who it is from and the whole texts appears in the notification bar. If someone has my phone, which happens alot at work because everyone wants to play with the new edge can you blame them, they can see who texted me and what they said. Now if it was just a notification that says new message they are not likely to go into the message app and read it! It's so annoying I had the s4 before this and there was a privacy setting, s6 edge.. No such privacy setting!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 09:58 PM
    I am annoyed by the fact that every time I receive a text message who it is from and the whole texts appears in the notification bar. If someone has my phone, which happens alot at work because everyone wants to play with the new edge can you blame them, they can see who texted me and what they said. Now if it was just a notification that says new message they are not likely to go into the message app and read it! It's so annoying I had the s4 before this and there was a privacy setting, s6 edge.. No such privacy setting!

Call Samsung and tell them you miss this setting. Maybe they can add it in a future update. My understanding is they cleared away a lot of settings to make the phone less complicated, and they did this because of user feedback that the settings were too complex. However they have definitely taken stuff away that I miss, for example, on the S5 camera, there was a setting to make it so touching anywhere on the screen would take picture. I really liked that a lot because sometimes I found it difficult in some situations to tap the shutter button. That's gone on this phone.

Ever since cell phones came out twenty years ago, it seems that with every new phone, there is new stuff you are excited about getting, but also stuff you lose that you miss until you get used to it. I've never not had that experience with a new phone.
    04-16-2015 10:11 PM

There is one!! I know exactly what you are talking about because I thought the same thing. And then I could not find it which was annoying me. I don't want somebody would my phone goes off to see who it is that is texting me, or who it is that is calling me and left a voicemail, or the sender and the first few lines of an e-mail. But it's in there I promise unless something is wrong with yours. Mine worked like a charm it almost fooled me, it even shut off my notification light.

So Settings -- Device -- Sounds and Notifications -- Notifications on Lock Screen -- you basically from here have two options, 1. Show content or 2. Do not show notifications. Works like a charm for me when my screen has shut down. I did read somewhere and I saw a screenshot of three options, but this is the best I have found. Even after I unlocked my screen I still have to swipe in order to To see what it was (text, e-mail, Facebook). I hope that's what you are talking about. I searched high and low for that one.
    04-16-2015 10:23 PM

After rereading your message again, I went from the S4 as my primary phone to the S6 edge as well. All of my S5 friends and family were jealous that when it said new text message you could not see who it was from. Just a bar with a yellow band across the top. On the S5 it shows exactly who the sender was. Remember that you can also use the fingerprint display to lock anyone out of getting to a certain point in the phone, it doesn't strictly have to be used for locking or unlocking.

Example: you don't mind if people make phone calls and you show it off, but you don't want them looking at a surprise gift you may be planning that is under your bookmarks. You can make it so that only your fingerprint will unlock the Internet. Or only your fingerprint will unlock the text messaging. You can swipe in, you can get anywhere on the phone, you just set the fingerprint to where you want it to be and as long as 40% of your fingerprint gets pressed on that button you are in. If you can double-click twice for a camera, you can press once for security if you are passing it around the strangers at work.

But sometimes I wish I had that S5 feature that would actually tell me who the text message was from and read the first few words which the current one does. But I understand what you mean, so I hope one of those two things helps you be "less annoyed". :-) That was my point of this thread.Because I am loving my phone like I have never had a smart phone before, and as Orange Martini said if enough people say something there may be a patch that comes out. Now does anybody know how I can quickly delete??? I really dislike that huge long menu under "Edit". I am not editing, I am deleting!!
    04-16-2015 10:30 PM
    That's why I quit using the built in messaging app and started texting on Hangouts.

Jim Lloyd
    04-17-2015 12:15 AM
    I absolutely agree. Would like to have the Boomsound speakers also.

Jim Lloyd
    04-17-2015 12:16 AM
    Turn that off in the settings.

Jim Lloyd
    04-17-2015 12:18 AM
    Here's One!!!:

"I've had my S6 Edge for about 2 weeks now and have loved every moment of its ownership.

I came from a HTC M8 where I could go into the gallery and hide albums from not being seen !? After transferring everything from my M8 to the S6 I for the life me cannot hide any albums. Of course each time a friend or buddy wants to see my new phone I'm so paranoid of them going into the gallery to see " pictures " they shouldn't be seeing !?

Is it me os there no way to hide this unlike my old M8 you can just click a tab here or there and its hidden ?? Oh by the way don't bother asking what pictures wink wink !??!

Thanks in advance"
    04-18-2015 07:31 PM
    Here's One!!!:

"I've had my S6 Edge for about 2 weeks now and have loved every moment of its ownership.

I came from a HTC M8 where I could go into the gallery and hide albums from not being seen !? After transferring everything from my M8 to the S6 I for the life me cannot hide any albums. Of course each time a friend or buddy wants to see my new phone I'm so paranoid of them going into the gallery to see " pictures " they shouldn't be seeing !?

Is it me os there no way to hide this unlike my old M8 you can just click a tab here or there and its hidden ?? Oh by the way don't bother asking what pictures wink wink !??!

Thanks in advance"
    Well I think this Solves a privacy issue about pictures.

What has been annoying me that I cannot figure out is this. Even though I have my Bluetooth on, the phone is still ringing! It rings both in the Bluetooth and on the phone. I get notification sounds through the Bluetooth and the phone. So for the sake of not missing a phone call I keep my Bluetooth off and it rings. I answer it and hit the Bluetooth symbol in the menu. It goes right to my ear. Anyone know what setting I don't have correctly?
    04-18-2015 07:40 PM