When plugged in, screen won't turn off

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Am I missing some kind of setting? If the phone is plugged in and the screen is turned on (like when a notificaation comes in) the screen won't time out. It dims, but never shuts off. I have to shut it off manually. Anyone else?

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you enable developer options? If so, you may have checked the option to leave the screen awake while charging.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I to am having this exact problem. I just came online to figure out how I was going to ask this question. Last night while my phone was plugged in, my girlfriend woke me up 4 damn times to tell me to turn my phone off. It turned out every time I got a notification the screen would come on and not shut off. I had to lock it again. This is going to drive me crazy.

"Did you enable developer options?"

What is that???

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Indeed it turned out to be develop options, screen awake. What happened is yesterday morning I brought my phone back to t mobile to have them check out something else I was having a problem, and they did there "plug it into their computer and look for problems" thing. The rep must have turned on developer options and keep awake, and he forgot to turn it off. Thanks, GWaLL13. Nickanthony, it's under settings. Scroll down to develop options, and you'll find an option that says keep phone awake while charging. If that's not turned on, then I don't know what to tell ya

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Glad to help fellas. Apologies for not getting back fast enough so you didn't have to make the trip back to T-Mobile

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

fuchsia70

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! That's exactly what mine was doing-- not turning all the way off when charging. I figured it had to be some setting that was hidden somewhere.

Rolling Claw

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok none of this worked for me. Here is a possible solution that did work for me. Change your theme. I had a theme installed on my new S6 Edge Plus and it was the culprit. I changed it to another theme and Voila the screen finally went black after connecting the charging cable.

Hope this helps someone!

RaghavKumar

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok none of this worked for me. Here is a possible solution that did work for me. Change your theme. I had a theme installed on my new S6 Edge Plus and it was the culprit. I changed it to another theme and Voila the screen finally went black after connecting the charging cable.

Hope this helps someone!

Great!!

nealmcb

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
None of the solutions are helping me. I have developer options stay awake "off" (and I tried toggling it also); no themes; no "peel smart remotes lockscreen widget".

It happened earlier today, then stopped after a reboot. Now it's doing it again.

Just a stock Nexus 6 with Android 6.0, plugged in to a typical usb power adapter which is plugged into the wall.

OK, I just tried a different USB power adapter, which works. So there is something wrong with the combination of my phone and a USB AC Adapter HTC P/N 79H00098-29M, TC U250, 5V 1A. The charger works fine with my old HTC MyTouch 4G Slide....

Also, note it seems like it might somehow be damaged, since the display alternately shows the phone to be charging and not charging.

Damn! Here's a picture....

bad-usb-IMG_20160422_190322.jpg

Last edited:

james thomas9

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem for couple months and was driving me nuts. I tried other solutions but nothing worked. Changed theme and VOILA!!!!!! now everything works perfectly. Thanx Rolling Claw for sharing this trick.

Peter Maller

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
To me, the culprit seems to be Tasker. When the screen keeps on, I simply exit Tasker and it turns off right away.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci