I love the S Edge so far, but have noticed some handy features were removed. Unless I am wrong, they are Air Gesture, My Hot Keys, voice commands within the stock music app, and Read Notifications Aloud especially for Calendar Event Info reminder. Are there others?

Add: I am with TMobile.

Edit: The Gesture Wake Up is included.
    04-17-2015 09:44 PM
    I love the S Edge so far, but have noticed some handy features were removed. Unless I am wrong, they are Air Gesture, My Hot Keys, voice commands within the stock music app, and Read Notifications Aloud especially for Calendar Event Info reminder. Are there others?
    From the S5

GPS toggle
    Mute from power button hold
    Floating widget button
    A-Z sorting of app icons
    Black background on stock apps eg mail (waiting for simple theme for this)
    Barometer

Are a few obvious ones I noticed and used

I am really peeved at all these posts that complained about sammie

Now we have premium Ali construction as they moaned about plastic but lost SD/battery options and water resistance
    They moaned about touch wiz and bloat now we lost all the little extras that some loved and others hated, plus half the bloat was only applicable to US carriers.

I think sammie should of had 3 modes

Easy mode for grannies
    Standard mode for for non techies
    Nerdy mode for those who like fiddling

This way they need not of deleted many items, Sammie always gave us biggest options for your $ unlike Apple, now we have diminished this in favor of a $30 worth of Ali case, the value is still there but not as much. All this griping has forced Sammie into less is more design camp IMO.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-18-2015 01:03 PM
    You should mention which carrier you are on along with the features that are missing from your phone. AT&T, Verizon and I think Sprint (may have) removed features. The first two definitely did.
    04-18-2015 04:11 PM
    You should mention which carrier you are on along with the features that are missing from your phone. AT&T, Verizon and I think Sprint (may have) removed features. The first two definitely did.
    Good idea. Thanks!
    04-18-2015 04:33 PM
    Direct Dial Widget (there's a contact widget but there used to be a direct dial without any extra taps)

Choosing whether incoming call takes up whole screen or a small part when in an app (now it's whole screen if on home page or locked, or small part if you're in an app, no choice)

Tap any part of the screen to take a picture when in camera mode

Hide apps from app drawer (I now have a folder called "hidden apps"

Contact picture of myself in messaging (I used to like that I could tell very quickly who said what)

Hide message content from notification screen

Yes I agree I wish they had "nerd mode" for those of us who like to tinker and want it all a certain way...

T Mobile
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-18-2015 05:01 PM
    My appols but I never buy carrier specific versions, although I did have a company provided At&T S4 once.

My reference is from international versions of both S5 and S6 (edge)
    04-19-2015 03:30 PM
    Direct Dial Widget (there's a contact widget but there used to be a direct dial without any extra taps)

Contact picture of myself in messaging (I used to like that I could tell very quickly who said what)

T Mobile
    You can hide notification content, there is quite an extensive list of all your apps you can toggle on and off and you are always on the right-hand side of conversations
    04-19-2015 03:37 PM
    Well on my S6 Edge from Verizon in the Settings/Sounds and notifications there is a Notifications on lock screen and when I press it, I get three choices:

Show content
    Hide content
    Do not show notifications.

The 3rd don't show any notifications like missed calls, text messages.

The middle one does pop up on lock screen, but don't give any info, like missed calls, it just says phone 1 missed calls, Voice mail Content hidden. And Messages just says 1 new messages.

Course the 1st one show everything.
    04-19-2015 03:41 PM