PocketNow review - Wallhuggers

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Michael Fisher has reviewed the Edge. It's a favourable review minus the "wallhuggers" complaint referring to the battery life, and app crashes. This is what is annoying because Samsung coined the term to mock Apple users and have now abandoned their philosophy. He rates the battery poor to average , in line with the numerous threads on here. What a shame

https://youtu.be/lC1pBoxvpzw

It looks cool though

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for posting that. I really like what PocketNow does...very fair reviews. I thought he fairly pointed out all of the spectacular things about the S6 edge as well as its shortcomings.

As for Michael's "wall-hugging" battery life, his was pretty bad (I freezed the video), and he didn't even have the cell standby drain. Glad he at least tested 3 phones and got a report on a 4th.

I suspect that he did not tweak his phone for battery savings (except maybe toggling off WiFi) but he's going to be like 99% of the public (my wife, all of her friends, all of my friends for that matter) who have no interest or desire to change phone settings to optimize their battery so his review is pretty symbolic of what the 'average' buyer will get with the S6. Let's face it, the phone most buyers get from their carrier is the one they expect to work out of the box without tweaking settings - not an unreasonable expectation at all, especially on a near $1,000 price point.

The good news from some of the battery life marathoners on this Forum, though, is that the S6 clearly has the 'potential' for more than acceptable (all-day) battery life out of the box IF Samsung or Google get on it (and fast!) and send through some updates (Lollipop, cell standby fix for all, etc.).

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just discovered this guy's channel. Very fair reviews and perfect without getting too technical. He points out the faults of the S6 but overall rates it very highly. You get a real consumer's perspective on the phone. I'm from the UK so the slang sounds like TV shows lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCAzD-jW4hE

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Anandtech probably has the most thorough review out there. Josh always does excellent work.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Too geeky and technical, and not relevant to normal causal users that make up 90% of the market. I appreciate what they do but they're not that helpful to me.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Too geeky and technical, and not relevant to normal causal users that make up 90% of the market. I appreciate what they do but they're not that helpful to me.

Well if you skip to the end where he states the camera can go toe to toe with the iPhone 6+, the display is arguably the best on any smartphone, the battery life is on par/better than the S5 (which so many seemed to be worried about), and the UI performance is on par with the M9 (something that couldn't be said about the S5/M8), it's definitely relevant to a lot of consumers. It's good to know that it was tested and found to be that good as opposed to anecdotal comments from reviewers. I always appreciate Michael Fisher's work, though.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wall Huggers is still valid for apple users since their phones charge at a slow rate. You can plug in your S6/Edge S6 and get 4 hours of standby time in what 10-15 minutes, to me that isn't a wall hugger. Most everyone I know never purchased a spare battery for the S3/4/5 series phones and when I did I rarely broke out the spare battery since I was always some wherre I could charge it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173