Camera lense not centered, should I care?

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey there. Just noticed that the camera lense is a little off center in the circle-thingy. Here's a pic. It looks a little worse here than it actually is (had to angle the shot a bit so the light was right).

The pictures I've taken so far are beautiful. Soooo, should I be concerned about this? Or ignore it?

Attachments

• 20150418_093625.jpg
    20150418_093625.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 100

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
It shouldn't effect the quality of photos but if your OCD tell your carrier you need a replacement

Posted via the Android Central App

LOL, I am OCD, but this is my bazillionth replacement phone (long story) and it's actually all working right (hope I'm not jinxing myself here) and not overheating or any of these other crazy problems everyone's talking about on this forum. So if there's no real reason for me to be freaked, then I'm keeping it!

Thanks very much for your input

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My s6 edge and my buddy's edge camera lens isn't centered either. At first I flipped out but his is the exact the same way too.. Kinda closer to the bottom left of the phone/camera module. I also I heard it was because of OIS so I guess that's it lol.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
My s6 edge and my buddy's edge camera lens isn't centered either. At first I flipped out but his is the exact the same way too.. Kinda closer to the bottom left of the phone/camera module. I also I heard it was because of OIS so I guess that's it lol.

Hmm, mine's closer to the bottom right. Whatever!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe that is because of the optical image stabilization. The lens itself will move, just like the iPhone 6+...

Okay I'll go with this. LOL

I thought about exchanging it but I hate going through this OCD BS. LOL

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Now that I've had mine over two weeks, and taken over 300 absolutely gorgeous pictures with it, I'm over it. I still notice it when I look at the back, though! I've got OCD pretty bad. And the amount of money I paid for this phone is definitely making me more hypersensitive than usual. OK maybe I'm not as over it as I thought, lol. But it sure doesn't have any impact on picture quality.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I wish I didn't read this thread. My phone takes such great pix that I didn't notice the lens being off-center. Oh well, it still takes great pix.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it is from.the OIS. I watched my G3 do the same thing. Except it was while the camera app was open.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae