Keyboards rock on my S6 edge!

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
The S6 edge has some truly outstanding features (screen, fingerprint reader, wireless charging, etc.). But perhaps one of my favorite features of coming back to Android has been the keyboards. Wow are they good! Swype and SwiftKey are far better on this platform and I've been really enjoying the Samsung Keyboard, believe it or not. That number row (and the ability to adjust the size of the keyboard) is fantastic!

That said, my clear winner, so far, has been the Google Keyboard. Not even a close call, for me! The accuracy is stunning, especially compared to keyboards offered on other devices!

And, while I may have had a number of mistypes early on with my edge and getting the proper finger position down, I'm pretty much a pro at this point and almost never miss a key! The curved edge feels so good under my fingers for typing and is such a unique experience! All the worries early on from some commentators about edge screen responsiveness were off-base. The edge makes it all that much better for me!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The S6 edge has some truly outstanding features (screen, fingerprint reader, wireless charging, etc.). But perhaps one of my favorite features of coming back to Android has been the keyboards. Wow are they good! Swype and SwiftKey are far better on this platform and I've been really enjoying the Samsung Keyboard, believe it or not. That number row (and the ability to adjust the size of the keyboard) is fantastic!

That said, my clear winner, so far, has been the Google Keyboard. Not even a close call, for me! The accuracy is stunning, especially compared to keyboards offered on other devices!

And, while I may have had a number of mistypes early on with my edge and getting the proper finger position down, I'm pretty much a pro at this point and almost never miss a key! The curved edge feels so good under my fingers for typing and is such a unique experience! All the worries early on from some commentators about edge screen responsiveness were off-base. The edge makes it all that much better for me!

I'll second this. Primarily, I use Nexus/iPhone devices throughout the year and the typing/touch response is always incredible on them. Samsung has really struggled in the past with that, but the S6 Edge changes all of that. It takes a few minutes initially to get used to it, but installing the Google Keyboard on this device makes me feel like I'm using a Nexus. I can't overstate how great that is. The Edge display for the edges of the keyboard feel amazing for every key press. Swiping and pressing on both edges make for an experience unlike any other device.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol