Why isn't my SOS function sending a notification?

RunnerDuck

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
SOS Function Not Sending Notification

I have set up the SOS function to phone home when I press the power button three times.
When I do that it tries to call but it doesn't go through then it tries again all the time making alert sounds. Then "Message Not Sent, 3 messages could not be sent" pops up.
Not a very good "I need help" feature.
When I click on the error the SOS screen pops up with two photos and the links to my location. An "!" is by each entry which says "Failed To Send", "Fialed to send message to (name). Try again."
I've plugged in two different phone numbers and neither one can be reached.
Any one have this problem and a solution?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: SOS Function Not Sending Notification

I have set up the SOS function to phone home when I press the power button three times.
When I do that it tries to call but it doesn't go through then it tries again all the time making alert sounds. Then "Message Not Sent, 3 messages could not be sent" pops up.
Not a very good "I need help" feature.
When I click on the error the SOS screen pops up with two photos and the links to my location. An "!" is by each entry which says "Failed To Send", "Fialed to send message to (name). Try again."
I've plugged in two different phone numbers and neither one can be reached.
Any one have this problem and a solution?

see if direct access is off, that may help and numbers must be able to receive sms

RunnerDuck

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOS Function Not Sending Notification

I was lead to believe that it would leave a voice mail. I do not have SMS on my home phone and therefore I guess it won't work.

Thanks for the reply.