Google Maps being sluggish..

TmoodAndroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S6 Edge for a week. I love the phone but I found myself most frustrated with two things:

1) The phone heating up (which I'm addressing on another thread)

2) Google Maps - the focus of this thread.

I noticed that the app is quite sluggish. For a phone that's a week old and buttery smooth - I felt that it wasn't handling Google Maps quite well. I wanted to compare note and see everyone else's experience.

For me, it was basically slow -- on occasion, when attempting to type in an address or point of interest, it would take a while for the keyboard to show up. When I use the search query for something, view the map to see the result, then go back to the search query do a new search - it get slow at that point as well.

This happens mostly in the afternoon and evening after a full day of usage. The battery would be maybe 40-60% at that point and I've used multitude of apps: mostly Reddit Sync, News Republic, Camera, or Chrome..

:-\

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had the S6 Edge for a week. I love the phone but I found myself most frustrated with two things:

1) The phone heating up (which I'm addressing on another thread)

2) Google Maps - the focus of this thread.

I noticed that the app is quite sluggish. For a phone that's a week old and buttery smooth - I felt that it wasn't handling Google Maps quite well. I wanted to compare note and see everyone else's experience.

For me, it was basically slow -- on occasion, when attempting to type in an address or point of interest, it would take a while for the keyboard to show up. When I use the search query for something, view the map to see the result, then go back to the search query do a new search - it get slow at that point as well.

This happens mostly in the afternoon and evening after a full day of usage. The battery would be maybe 40-60% at that point and I've used multitude of apps: mostly Reddit Sync, News Republic, Camera, or Chrome..

:-\

carrier???

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I notice similar behavior and I mainly use it while on wifi connections. I'm just guessing but I feel like once more data is cached from using maps, it may speed up learning / caching the various areas in which you search.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issues with my Note 4. Google Maps is really laggy and feels like it is running on an old phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles