Wifi Connectivity frustrations...

kaopr1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone come up with a solution for Wifi connectivity sporadically dropping?
It always seem to happen while I'm at home only (stays connected to work wifi and wifi at others residence).
It was stable during the first five days or so of owning the phone but I'm getting really annoyed as it always seem to drop while at home. Argh...on AT&T...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
It always seem to happen while I'm at home only (stays connected to work wifi and wifi at others residence).
It was stable during the first five days or so of owning the phone but I'm getting really annoyed as it always seem to drop while at home. Argh...on AT&T...

1. try changing channel and/or GHz and/or Encryption of WIFI Router.
2. make sure there aren't any special characters in the WIFI Router's SSID or in your password.
3. try turning off any power saving mode.
4. update Router firmware.
5. reboot everything.

good luck.

kaopr1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've messed with the channels (selecting new ones) on my Airport Base Station and so far so good...connection hasn't dropped in an hour.
Let's hope it's a permanent fix.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Also, check that you have turned off Smart Network in Wifi Settings, that will keep switching between Wifi and data if it finds that your Wifi connections is not good enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney