S6 Edge owners...10 days in would you buy it again?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So I am really on the fence about getting an S6 edge. I would be buying it outright so it is no small investment. I have played with both the S6 and the S6 edge and the design of the edge is just mesmerizing. The only hesitation I have right now is all the threads on here about various issues. Screen scratches, rotation issues, battery life, etc. The battery life doesn't bother me that much because I usually keep my phones on a charging stand at my desk during the work day. Maybe I am just focusing on the issues too much as typically there are more threads about issues when a phone is released and the people who have no problems aren't posting, they're enjoying their phones.

How many owners would buy it again taking into consideration the quirks and other things from owning it after 10 days......would you buy it again given the choice? Just looking for some opinions before I drop big bucks on a full priced 128gb version. Any and all opinions are welcome.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ohh definitely, best All around Smartphone I've had in my life, over the former champion, Xperia Z3. Just considering getting a regular one for my daughter but I haven't decided as she doesn't seem to be doing her part of keeping her phones safe and protected, and obviously is not a small investment to put it in such risks.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Of all the things that you listed the only one that was an issue for me was the battery life initially, and after doing a few tweaks and performing a factory reset it's been great.

It's like you said, if you're having an issue with your device you're going to come online and complain about it, but if you're completely happy then you probably aren't posting about it online, you're out enjoying your new phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a gold S6 64GB edge and a Black Saphire 32 GB S6. To me, the S6 feels a lot better in my hand. Don't get me wrong, I love the edge but I might go with a 64 GB S6 if I had to do it again.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, without a doubt. One of, if not the best phone I've ever used before. The edge screen doesn't do much, but what it does, it does well.

I would have to imagine, that Samsung will add other features in upcoming updates. (just a hopeful guess though).

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a gold S6 64GB edge and a Black Saphire 32 GB S6. To me, the S6 feels a lot better in my hand. Don't get me wrong, I love the edge but I might go with a 64 GB S6 if I had to do it again.
How do you like the platinum gold? Is it as bad, at showing fingerprints, as the demo unites? Do you have a screen protector on it, and does that help at all with the fingerprint? Thanks for any information. Still trying to decide, if I want to return my black 64gb edge for the gold 128gb edge.

Ariozo

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Should easy buy it again, very solid phone with very nice design. And i have most other phones out there worth to have, s6 edge just feel solid and good. Battery can always get better but after a few charges it hold upp Ok. :)

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hell yes would I buy it again. The phone just oozes class and imo blows everything out the water. Even the new z4 doesn't hold a torch to it. Battery life is great for normal users once you figure out what's best for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

PRidd

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I returned my 2nd defective Edge and got a refund instead of a 3rd replacement. So I'm out $80 for the restocking fee and a case.

I'm not sure if I'll revisit the phone in May. This has been really frustrating :(

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I returned my 2nd defective Edge and got a refund instead of a 3rd replacement. So I'm out $80 for the restocking fee and a case.

I'm not sure if I'll revisit the phone in May. This has been really frustrating :(

What were the issues you had?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
How do you like the platinum gold? Is it as bad, at showing fingerprints, as the demo unites? Do you have a screen protector on it, and does that help at all with the fingerprint? Thanks for any information. Still trying to decide, if I want to return my black 64gb edge for the gold 128gb edge.

IMO, all of the videos are misleading. My phone doesn't show a lot of finger prints...at least not as bad as the videos. Remember that there were a lot of people handling those phones. I did buy a screen protector, but i'm not using it yet cause I'm making a video review. I only had the phone for 5 days. I will say this, I looks A LOT BETTER in person. I like it

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

That really suck! I wish you the best of luck.

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely! Best phone I have ever owned. The battery isn't great but this thing charges crazy fast and it isn't often that I am too far from a charger.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep! I haven't enjoyed owning a phone this much since.... um, since forever I guess! Beautiful to look at, to hold, the display is breathtaking, the easy-to-launch camera takes ridiculously great pictures, the built-in wireless charging rocks, and I just love the curve. I get that it's not for everybody, but it's definitely for me.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I am really on the fence about getting an S6 edge. I would be buying it outright so it is no small investment. I have played with both the S6 and the S6 edge and the design of the edge is just mesmerizing. The only hesitation I have right now is all the threads on here about various issues. Screen scratches, rotation issues, battery life, etc. The battery life doesn't bother me that much because I usually keep my phones on a charging stand at my desk during the work day. Maybe I am just focusing on the issues too much as typically there are more threads about issues when a phone is released and the people who have no problems aren't posting, they're enjoying their phones.

How many owners would buy it again taking into consideration the quirks and other things from owning it after 10 days......would you buy it again given the choice? Just looking for some opinions before I drop big bucks on a full priced 128gb version. Any and all opinions are welcome.

Yup. Would buy again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae