What are some Alternatives to Audible audiobook player?

smalltalkdan

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Alternatives to Audible audiobook player

Hi all,

I've used the Audible app to listen to audiobooks for many years on my iPhone 3/4/5, and just started using it on the Edge. The app has never been great, but on the Edge, it behaves in bizarre ways, including randomly speeding up anywhere from 2x to 100x. Additionally, some of the controls wrap to the edges, making it much too easy to inadvertently go forward/backward a chapter.

I have looked at other audiobook players, but without running a conversion utility on Audible's .AAX files, I can't see any way to directly access the Audible files. Audible claims that there are no compatible third-party apps.

Anyone have any thoughts? I love the S6 and love Audible, but until they update the player, it's pretty much unusable for me.

...dan

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Alternatives to Audible audiobook player

unfortunately I dont have any recommendations on an alternative but this sparked a question of my own. I love audio books but have always hated how I cant play music on shuffle as book chapters play as well. Any way to isolate audio book files? Does Audible do this?

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Whilst the audible app is not perfect, I've used it on android for several years, with none of these problems.

A re-install might be worth checking.

Also using the widget for general controls might help.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had any problems with Audible on my edge. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling or at least clearing the data and starting over.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante