Did you do a factory reset when you first got the phone after downloading the update, and then do a second factory reset later? Or have you only done ONE factory reset the entire time you owned your device?
    04-22-2015 09:32 AM
    Did you do a factory reset when you first got the phone after downloading the update, and then do a second factory reset later? Or have you only done ONE factory reset the entire time you owned your device?
    I did what I then suggested in my thread, I knew that an update was already pending for the phone so the first time I turned on the phone, I just skipped every setting and just set the wifi so it could download the Update, once the update was installed I went to the recovery menu and did the Wipe cache and then Wipe data/Factory reset and after the reboot I just set everything as it was the first time.
    skinneejay likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:36 AM
    I have the ATT variant and as far as I know we didn't get an update. I got my phone and set it up but was having the battery issues so I did a factory reset a week later and that seems to have fixed a lot of things.
    04-22-2015 09:47 AM
    When I got the phone(yesterday) I did a factory reset and then I thought it wouldn't hurt to do two. After the second reset I had problems with various apps crashing on me and after a little Google I found out one possible fix was to do a reset. After the third reset everything is running fine and my battery life is really good.
    04-22-2015 01:42 PM
    When I got the phone(yesterday) I did a factory reset and then I thought it wouldn't hurt to do two. After the second reset I had problems with various apps crashing on me and after a little Google I found out one possible fix was to do a reset. After the third reset everything is running fine and my battery life is really good.
    Wow, three resets before problems were fixed? wonder why a third one would do the trick...
    04-22-2015 01:55 PM
    what carrier are you on?

did you do the factory reset from the menu or from the power/volume/home button way?

also did you update the Samsung Push Services after you did the factory data reset?
    04-22-2015 01:55 PM
    I'm on Verizon and just received my replacement phone yesterday. I did a factory reset right after receiving it but am still having the same WiFi bug. I also restored from a backup though, so I'll probably do a full reset tonight and start from scratch to see if it helps.
    04-22-2015 02:19 PM
    I did exactly what erasat said to do yesterday when I replaced the phone for screen rotation bug. Reset , clear cache from recovery after the OS update...phone is dare I say, flawless now! Thanks so much erasat for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App
    erasat likes this.
    04-22-2015 02:26 PM
    I did exactly what erasat said to do yesterday when I replaced the phone for screen rotation bug. Reset , clear cache from recovery after the OS update...phone is dare I say, flawless now! Thanks so much erasat for the help!

are you one verizon? do you leave your wifi on?

once you reset the reset/data factory doesn't that remove the update install so you have reinstall the samsung push service update?
    04-22-2015 02:31 PM
    No, I'm on sprint. My scanning wifi is off so it doesn't constantly search for a connection. But my regular wifi toggle stays on. Auto connects with my work wifi and home wifi. I'm on 19 hrs and change off charger and says i have 9hrs left (baring any heavy usage) , I'm good with that. I have yet to do a full cycle charge because i was setting it up all evening yesterday and left it on the charger while it updated. Took it off around 9 ish. Battery has definitely improved! I'm anxious to see what a regular normal usage day gets me.
    And no, it doesn't remove the update you install, it cleans it up so to speak so it runs better.
    04-22-2015 03:58 PM
    Someone help. I have the sprint 32g Edge for now 3 days. the first day I got it, it downloaded the update via wifi. I updated the OS and immediately after the update I did a factory reset. ... but each day battery is ok.. example today I took it off the charger at 7:30 am and now it's 12 noon and i'm already down to 70%... is that bad? I haven't made any calls... checked facebook for a few mintues and been lightly texting throughout the morning. My battery says 70% with 4 hours 7 min on battery and says I have approx 7 hours left. I don't get how people are getting such longer battery life? I also disabled MANY apps I don't use or want... mostly all the ones I could disable. I installed all latest updates... my screen brightness is on half. ... is this normal? I did just wipe the partio cache right now to see if that helps... but nothing so far. let me know! I don't get why 2 factory resets would do anything....
    04-23-2015 01:56 PM