Gallery is useless?

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does "Gallery" no longer allow you to associate pictures stored in other places (like Photos, Picasa, Dropbox, other)?

This wouldn't be a problem, but when you are in a default app and you want to associate a picture with something, it ONLY allows you to use "Gallery" as an app you can reference.

Why is Gallery so useless now? I see no options to show photos from other sources in it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to App Manager and select Gallery, can you Clear Defaults? Does that allow you to choose any other gallery app as a reference?

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but this is my first Android phone - What is the difference between the "Photos" app and the "Gallery" app? Thank you.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but this is my first Android phone - What is the difference between the "Photos" app and the "Gallery" app? Thank you.

Welcome to Android. No need to apologize.
Photos is Google's photo app, tied into Google+ and Drive. Gallery is Samsung's app they added to Touchwiz.

Posted via the Android Central App

TECHYFORYOU

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
But when you use quickpic and an app wants you to choose a pic it reverts to gallery so I'm not really sure how quickpic helps unless I'm missing something?

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I miss that on my old s4 where you could select content to display. I prefer to keep things in one place. The standard gallery app was great for that on my s4

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey