Connectivity issues with my Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint Carrier), how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

Connectivity issues with my Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint Carrier)

Upgraded from an S4 eight days ago, having serious connectivity issues with the S6 Edge. Find myself having to re-send texts 2 or 3 times; receive network connectivity error, calls won't come through and I just end up receiving a voicemail. I didn't have these issues with the S4. Went to the Sprint store and a Rep told me it's a S6 Edge issue and I should return it and get an S6 instead.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Connectivity issues with my Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint Carrier)

Welcome to Android Central! That's an interesting response from them. I'd try asking a few different Sprint people, and also call their tech support to see if it's a known issue with them (don't necessarily rely on what a sales rep tells you).

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! That's an interesting response from them. I'd try asking a few different Sprint people, and also call their tech support to see if it's a known issue with them (don't necessarily rely on what a sales rep tells you).

Agree - absolutely no issues on my Sprint 64GB Edge. I would try an exchange.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded from an S4 eight days ago, having serious connectivity issues with the S6 Edge. Find myself having to re-send texts 2 or 3 times; receive network connectivity error, calls won't come through and I just end up receiving a voicemail. I didn't have these issues with the S4. Went to the Sprint store and a Rep told me it's a S6 Edge issue and I should return it and get an S6 instead.

Have them check the sim card before you send it back. All my issues with the s5 last year were from a bad batch of sim cards. That was months of back and forth before they thought of pulling a sim out of a new shipment of S5s.

kymr

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi there
I recently bought the S6 Edge and after 7 days returned it and swapped it for another one because my calls kept getting disconnected, calls coming in get disconnected it normally takes 5 attempts to get through to me, I have had my replace phone for 5 days and it's doing the same thing, fustrating as the store say they have never had this issue before yet this is the 2nd phone for me and it's doing it. I now have to send my phone away for repair. Do you get anywhere with your problem? Appreciate a reply. Also, I tried my sim card in my iPhone also and it worked fine plus I have had this sim card for 2 years at least. Thanks

CLC81

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I had to switch my phone from 4G/LTE to CDMA. That fixed my drop calls and texting issues. When you're on 4G/LTE your phone is only searching for LTE towers. When it's on CDMA is searching for whatever Sprint tower it can connect to, including LTE.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital