S6 Common issues /problems

hd57

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had my S6E for 5 weeks and nothing but problems. Samsung don't care and fighting my telco for a new phone. Very unhappy with this phone.

Phone sleeps after making calls.
Fingerprint works randomly
No service although phone shows as having service
No internet although shows as having service
Shows as having service, won’t allow calls text or internet
Continually unregisters from network yet shows as having service, 3-4 bars.
Have to reboot phone every hour or so, sometimes more frequently, sometime less frequently
GPS is all over the place with location whilst phone is static/stationary at home.
Shows full service both phone & internet yet warning to say no connection is on. Can’t use phone for anything.
When tethered to laptop all signals say excellent connection yet NO CONNECTION unless phone is rebooted.
Charging problems: 2-1/2 hrs to charge 16% on fast charger with nil programmes running. Intermittently charges fast or slow with fast charger, sometimes depleting battery when charging with minimal or nil programmes running.
Phone goes to sleep after previewing "Daydream"
Have to continually reboot phone for it to receive service.

Last edited:

George Ofege

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys I need a little help..

I woke up this morning to find a different lock screen on my phone.

I have to swipe this one before getting to the fingerprint lock screen I normally had.. and also I noticed a band on tup of my phone saying lte and other things. .

Can someone help me get rid of these new things. . It's really annoying

George Ofege

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I think you need a replacement phone. . Your warranty should fix that or get you a new one coz mines been fine.. except for the new lock screen that popped outta nowhere this morning

Thomaszx2

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I've had numerous problems with my S6 from overheating to poor signal quality. I really have buyers remorse. I found out that if you pay the extra $300 bucks for a new phone over a cert. like new phone, and the phone starts having problems, the warranty will send you a cert. like new phone anyways. LOL after you spent all that extra money for a new phone! Samsung really dropped the ball on this phone, mark my words. Samsung WILL lose money on this phone! Apple is sleeping good now knowing that they now have a far superior product over Samsung.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I've had numerous problems with my S6 from overheating to poor signal quality. I really have buyers remorse. I found out that if you pay the extra $300 bucks for a new phone over a cert. like new phone, and the phone starts having problems, the warranty will send you a cert. like new phone anyways. LOL after you spent all that extra money for a new phone! Samsung really dropped the ball on this phone, mark my words. Samsung WILL lose money on this phone! Apple is sleeping good now knowing that they now have a far superior product over Samsung.
Unfortunately, by covering up the accelerometer defect with a software pseudofix Sammy has and will make money on this phone. The average user is fine with a burnt accelerometer as long as camera rotates then will blame app developers when burnt accelerometer affects app performance.

I think this approach verges on criminal fraud. It's like someone builds your house with rotten wood then says everything is fine after covering it with a good paint job

LV_Dizz

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody buy a brand new edge at a vzw corporate store in the last couple of weeks? Do u have the overheating while charging problem or the unable to rotate problem? I'm trying to check if newer phones have these issues corrected.

Hi, I bought my S6 edge at a verizon corp store back on 6/20. It does not overheat, and I have not had issues with the rotation issue. I'm in So Cal.
Sorry!

chung nguyen2

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Light bleed around the bezel isn't an issue. Its the way the phone is made. I've had no issues regarding the memory leak, or overheating. Had mine over a month.

Malfoy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the issue of not being able to charge the phone from a computer? My edge seems to drain faster than it can charge on either of my macbook pro ports. I did not have this issue with my Note 4. If I switch it to airplane mode, it'll charge up just fine.

I installed the Tmobile software update that was suppose to address battery life but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

jfrank78

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Anybody getting static during video playback? Just started today, and I've had the phone about 3 weeks.Youtube vids etc. Are fine. Only happens with camera recorded vidoes. PLEASE HELP!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in an ATT store and neither the s6 edge nor the s6 worked properly. The camera rotated but pics in the gallery did not. The heavy duty s6 whatever it is called seemed to work properly. I wonder if it is more reliable?

jfrank78

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
At&t talked to Samsung and they are saying the phone is not meant to do that but my thing is it worked fine when I did it for 23 days. Why is it not working now?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung also tried to cover up damaged hardware (accelerometer) with a software update. Where is the consumers' protection agency?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers