S6 Common issues /problems

biyik33

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having signal issues? I'm on tmobile and everything was awesome until the morning. My messages aren't sending and my snap chat isn't working as well.

stantheindian

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have Sprint and was having the same issues, I did a simulated battery pull and all issues seem to have resolved.

Hold the power button and down volume button till the device reboots.

Schmidt84

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I remember on the old samsung phones, when you had a lot of pictures in the gallery ( + 500 ) when you opened the gallery and scrolled trough the pictures it was lagging an slow loading. Is this still an issue or does it float as smooth as on an iphone?

Schmidt84

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone??

I remember on the old samsung phones, when you had a lot of pictures in the gallery ( + 500 ) when you opened the gallery and scrolled trough the pictures it was lagging an slow loading. Is this still an issue or does it float as smooth as on an iphone?

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I think it's pretty much on par now with the likes of the iPhone 6, as far as speed of loading media and so on. Really fast. No real lag or waiting for things to load.

Posted via the Android Central App

Buck Simpson

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been having issues where i'm talking on the phone and the data drops from lte to 4g to edge then i loose data completely. The only way to get it back is to drop the call. this really sucks when your using it to navigate while talking on the blue tooth. This never happened on my S5...

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
This is neither a problem, or an issue but I can't figure out how to mute the phone when I have the Bluetooth device connected?? On the S4 and S5 if somebody called it would only ring in my ear, if somebody text I would only get the notification again via Bluetooth, now on the edge if somebody calls it rings on the device and in my ear. Or if I get a text message both my phone and Bluetooth will be the notifier.

Can someone just answer that simple question please? Thank you so much!

DonThePlumber

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Had my s6 about 2 weeks finally put it in a case now 2 hours later i find the camera cover cracked. After doing a web search i am thinking i is a heat build up issue. any thoughts?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ouch! :eek:
I know that the phone can get quite hot when using the supplied fast charger. On top of that the phone is encased in glass which also acts like an insulator (think of the older style glass lined thermoses that keeps your coffee and soup HOT). ;)

Then on top of that we put these thick rubber/plastic cases over the glass and voila! Too much heat! Nowhere for it to dissipate. Bad for batteries...(I don't care what anybody says to dispute this point) and bad for computer electronics (thus the reason for fans in computers) and who knows what other damage the heat might cause...cracked camera lens covers??? :confused:

Degineth

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are now hot on the scene. Many are calling them the best smartphones Samsung has made to date, and fans of Android and Samsung are surely calling them the best smartphones ever — never mind Apple’s iPhone 6 models or the HTC One (M9). But with the rush to churn out new flagship smartphones every year, there are bound to be a few mishaps along the way.

Even if the problems that crop up for the new phones aren’t permanent and can be resolved by simple updates to software, it’s important as a buyer to be aware of what issues may confront you. Here, we’ll take a look at some of the commonly reported problems users have been having with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.

chadever

May 26, 2015
Visit site
My first issue is with wireless charging. Works like a charm, but it overheats.

I left it on my wireless charger overnight (with the case on) and and by the morning it was burning hot. This is when I noticed that wireless charging does not "trickle" when the battery is full. Instead, it allows the battery to discharge to 99% and then recharge to 100%. Because of this the phone was chagrining and discharging the entire night.

I have a wireless stand that I use at work and I have the same issue. I have to unplug the charger if I want to keep it on the stand.

Two co-workers (one with an S6 and another with an S6 Edge) have the same issue. They have decided to never charge at night, which is a solution; however, it's inconvenient.

Does anyone know of a setting I could adjust? I can't seem to find anything.

Shane Campbell2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Been getting a sporadic bleeping noise, narrowed it down to being a notification my current thought is that the magnet on my case makes the phone think it's on a wireless charger, any others out there getting this?

FL777

Banned
May 28, 2015
Visit site
I haven't heard of this with other S6 phones and I have not had that problem. You might check to see if it is covered under warranty. However, probably what has happened is that you hit the extended camera cover and you did not know it.

Shane Campbell2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
i found out its also the magnetic strips from my credit cards fooling the phone in to thinking its been put onto wireless charge ive had to put the notification sounds off so it doesn't bleep every time i open my phone wallet.