Pandora Stopping after each song

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason, Pandora stops after each song when my phone goes off and the only way to go to the next song is by turning the screen back on and opening the app. WiFi is set to always on during sleep. I'm connected via Bluetooth if that matters. Is it the app? There's a setting in advanced in Pandora about auto lock and I have clicked and unclicked and it still stops after each song. Once I turn the screen back on and open the app, the advertisement turns back on or the next song plays. Any idea what is going on? Any else experiencing this?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason, Pandora stops after each song when my phone goes off and the only way to go to the next song is by turning the screen back on and opening the app. WiFi is set to always on during sleep. I'm connected via Bluetooth if that matters. Is it the app? There's a setting in advanced in Pandora about auto lock and I have clicked and unclicked and it still stops after each song. Once I turn the screen back on and open the app, the advertisement turns back on or the next song plays. Any idea what is going on? Any else experiencing this?

I had this problem before if I restricted background data. Any streaming service needs background data on to stream correctly.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get some advice on fixing this issue too since I am having the same problem.

I really think it's something that is restricting your background data. Do you have power saving on? Some other battery saver app?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jim Brewer

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had a similar problem after updating to lollypop on my GS5. About every other time when I get a phone call come in that I ignore (by not answering), it kills Pandora. It didn't do this on kitkat or earlier OSs.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My background data is not restricted. Not sure why it's happening. Anyone know of a fix? Please reply also if you're experiencing this too!

kymbix

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem! Another forum suggested quitting Pandora, turning the Ultra Battery Power Saver on, then turning it off after it's been applied to your device.

It DID seem to do something with my phone (it finally sent files to my computer using Bluetooth, which hadn't been working before). I will report back if it helps with Pandora.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Pandora in general runs like Garbage on my S6 edge. Songs stop, has trouble connecting, will play halfway through a song then load the next track. I'm ready to stop my Pandora One subscription and try something else.

Problem happens mostly when using carrier data (VZW), and when using Bluetooth.

22na

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem before if I restricted background data. Any streaming service needs background data on to stream correctly.

I had this same problem and realized it likely started when I restricted background data for Pandora. I turned background data back on (I changed it in Settings, Data Usage...in the App usage section choose Pandora, and ensure "disable background data on cellular networks" isn't turned on). I haven't had any issues since.

Perrodeaqua

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
2 day old S7 has same problem. One fix I have discovered is: Go to Pandora settings, Advanced, Screen Auto-lock. Where is says "conserve battery" select "off". It will tell you that more battery will be used but it keeps the screen on when Pandora is streaming. I use it in my car so battery use is no problem. Hope that helps till Android does :)

k0uli0

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
2 day old S7 has same problem. One fix I have discovered is: Go to Pandora settings, Advanced, Screen Auto-lock. Where is says "conserve battery" select "off". It will tell you that more battery will be used but it keeps the screen on when Pandora is streaming. I use it in my car so battery use is no problem. Hope that helps till Android does :)

I was having the worst time trying to figure out what was wrong and it was driving me crazy. I have an S6 and this month downloaded the Marshmallow update. Never had problems before with an update until now. Pandora and iheartradio wouldn't play or would stop. Here's what I found that worked for me (took about a week to finally get it right, hope it stays right!) and I hope it helps you..

1. In wi-fi settings, turn setting to "always" for "keep WiFi on during sleep".
2. Turn power saving mode off or have it turn on only when your battery is low.. you can set the percentage.

I will probably turn power saving mode back on in the morning to 20% or 50%. But tonight, my phone was near dead and on the charger and would not turn Pandora on until I turned off the power saving mode. Also, I force stop or close the app and restart it after any change I make to the settings.

8135James

May 1, 2016
Visit site

tgboca008

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Turning off power save worked for me as well Thanks for the tip. I was ready to cancel Pandora. I just will check that first next time. S6 running brand new Marshmallow upgrade. That's when this started.