12-12-2018 05:27 PM
167 ... 567
tools
    for me it was in settings. Thank you I didn't even know that was an option to be turned off.
    12-07-2016 08:10 PM
    Oh, right! That too! That happened on my Note 4 a couple times... thought I had broken the charger (because it will still charge normally, just not fast) and then I just pushed the cable a bit further and voila!
    Saved my life
    12-08-2016 02:06 PM
    Thankyou so much! I just faced this problem a few minutes ago, i got so worried. But It was just my cable, it was a little bit out. Now it's working fine!
    Thanks!
    12-25-2016 01:41 PM
    I had the same issue, and the cable being a little bit out from the wall charger was the culprit. Thanks!
    01-16-2017 04:09 AM
    @dougdraws The fast charging shortens the life of your battery more quickly than regular charging, that's why there's an option to turn it off.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-16-2017 04:10 AM
    I have the same problem and I've
    tried different plugs and wires. I believe it's the new update
    06-02-2017 10:31 AM
    When in settings why not just search for fast charge...It will bring it up regardless of where it is?
    07-07-2017 08:17 PM
    Hello All, I have the Samsung fast charge wireless pad and it doesn't fast charge with my s6 edge, but when I plug the charging cord the pad came with to my s6 edge the fast charge works. Any suggestions on how to get the pad to work.
    P.S. The pad works with my wife's s7 edge
    08-29-2017 09:30 PM
    Same issue here. Tried everything in this thread. Bought multiple new samsung adaptive chargers and Samsung cables. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I did want to post that fast charging can be turned on/off. Go to device maintenance, battery, then tap the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner for advanced options/setting. That's where the switch is.
    09-03-2017 03:34 PM
    I did want to post that fast charging can be turned on/off. Go to device maintenance, battery, then tap the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner for advanced options/setting. That's where the switch is.
    Thanks for that, having the same issue and typing in 'fast' in the search just brings up fast wireless charging lol
    Unfortunately for me it was already switched to on
    09-05-2017 08:55 AM
    For all the people who had their cable plugged in all the way and like me still had various issues, try connecting your phone to a pc. My s6 was detecting gear vr even though I don't own it while I was trying to charge. Plugged it in to try to put some Tool and Prince on my Spotify app and voila. Fast charging is now working. No more flickering between charging and no charging. No more cable charging when I'm connected to my Samsung fast charger.

Don't know if it still detects gear vr since I took package disabler pro to it and haven't looked back...
    Thank you for the hint!
    Uncheck "Game Tools" (settings - advanced features - games - Game Tools) solved the problem for me.

Mine was bizarre. If the cable was loose for a bit, it seemed the charger got confused,
    replugging the cables wouldn't get to FC and the only way to get it to FC mode was to unplug the wall plug from the outlet, wait a few seconds and plug it back in the outlet. Same cables. Connections all still secure. This is confirmed repeatedly.
    Unplugging the phone end and waiting wouldn't do it. The problem does not manifect using the Fast Charge ext Battery nor Fast Charge car adapter. (Idk
    Given the hint about gear vr, i checked for gear in the settings, didn't find it, but found a "Game tools" hich was of course i enabled. Disabling it solved the problem and letting me extend the cables' lives a bit.

This could have been the solution for some where u plugging the power strip solved it, as it also would restart the wall plug.

I am so done with Samsung!
    Idk what they were thinking abt shoving down the pike mandatory"Game mode"
    I was pissed enough that i have to get game mode notification spam and no way of disabling and blocking it short of rooting! I told myself the GS6Active is the last Samsung phone i'll get. Why do they sabotage a good product?
    01-28-2018 01:29 PM
    I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-16-2018 06:39 PM
    I did try that like you suggested, unfortunately it didn't work. Guess I'll take it to the store tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2018 06:33 AM
    Same with my s7 edge ... Did you find any solution or not ???
    07-31-2018 06:34 AM
    just unplug cable from both ends after charging . put it back only when you need to charge. it should work like charm. FAST CHARGING cables must not be connected to anything before you begin charging. Until you try this , please tell me whether you did all these fancy things
    1. You must have changed cables ( sometimes . yes. bad ones are there too)
    2. You change outlet - still no luck
    3. you change adapter - still no luck
    4. unplug CABLE from all devices and re plug after few mins - WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-12-2018 05:22 PM
    and this formula will work for almost all devices where CABLES are involved with movement of data or electricity
    12-12-2018 05:23 PM
    try my formula . unplug charging cable at both ends . leave it for few mins. put it back . it should work. and then never leave cable connected to anything after finishing charging ,. unplug from phone, outlet , adapter .
    12-12-2018 05:27 PM
167 ... 567