Fast charging not working.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First make sure that the Fast Charging switch in your Settings is turned on. If it is and it's still not working, then try using a different USB cable (but same wall charger). If still not working, and if possible, try the charger/cable in a fast-charging device like a Note 4 or another S6 and see if the charger works there. If it doesn't, the issue is the charger. If it does, the issue is your phone. That way at least you know which one to send out for warranty replacement.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
First make sure that the Fast Charging switch in your Settings is turned on. If it is and it's still not working, then try using a different USB cable (but same wall charger). If still not working, and if possible, try the charger/cable in a fast-charging device like a Note 4 or another S6 and see if the charger works there. If it doesn't, the issue is the charger. If it does, the issue is your phone. That way at least you know which one to send out for warranty replacement.

I don't see any switch in my settings for turning fast charging on or off.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.

I did try that like you suggested, unfortunately it didn't work. Guess I'll take it to the store tomorrow.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The option will appear in the notification pull down when charging if fast charging is working correctly

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Push the usb cable all the way into the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, right! That too! That happened on my Note 4 a couple times... thought I had broken the charger (because it will still charge normally, just not fast) and then I just pushed the cable a bit further and voila!

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, check to make sure the cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. Mine felt like it was in and my fast charging didn't work. When I took a second look, there was still room for the cable to be inserted, but it took a little more effort. It works fine now.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, check to make sure the cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. Mine felt like it was in and my fast charging didn't work. When I took a second look, there was still room for the cable to be inserted, but it took a little more effort. It works fine now.

Oh I know you're serious! Haha. Trust me though, I unplugged it and pushed it in with a little more force, and nothing. Then I plugged it back into the phone and waited for it to charge a bit then pushed the cable into the block a again and nothing. I'm just going to have to take it to the store

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This exact same thing happened to me over the weekend for the first time. Fast charging, heck...even normal charging wasn't available. After about 20 minutes or so it would only charge 1%. Tried other family members' GS6s and GS6Es and the same would happen. Upon further inspection and the usb side of the cable wasn't full lodged into the actual brick charger. Back to normal thankfully. :p

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This exact same thing happened to me over the weekend for the first time. Fast charging, heck...even normal charging wasn't available. After about 20 minutes or so it would only charge 1%. Tried other family members' GS6s and GS6Es and the same would happen. Upon further inspection and the usb side of the cable wasn't full lodged into the actual brick charger. Back to normal thankfully. :p

I tried pushing the usb end in further. Not having any luck with anything :/

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I am sure you have checked, but.... does the charger have the " adaptive fast charger" marking on it? I have several of the samsung ones and thats the only way i can tell them apart is by that marking on the plug.....

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am sure you have checked, but.... does the charger have the " adaptive fast charger" marking on it? I have several of the samsung ones and thats the only way i can tell them apart is by that marking on the plug.....
Yes haha. I take it you didn't read my original post? I'm using the one that came with the phone, it's Most definitely the adaptive fast charging one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a new phone... so problems shouldn't happen, period. Just get it replaced.

If any 'troubleshooting' were to happen I'd check out with a different USB cable and that's it (and only because other people, especially from T-Mobile's version are reporting that the cable is the culprit). At least you can charge your device hehe

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a new phone... so problems shouldn't happen, period. Just get it replaced.

If any 'troubleshooting' were to happen I'd check out with a different USB cable and that's it (and only because other people, especially from T-Mobile's version are reporting that the cable is the culprit). At least you can charge your device hehe

I got it replaced haha.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Does the new one work?

I was still within the 14 days at best buy so they just gave me everything new. Not just the phone. They tried the charger I had with another S6 edge and it worked fine. The issue was actually with the phone itself. It's pretty weird, I haven't seen this issue any where else on the Internet when I searched, could I be the first?