12-12-2018 05:27 PM
167 123 ...
tools
    I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 10:04 PM
    First make sure that the Fast Charging switch in your Settings is turned on. If it is and it's still not working, then try using a different USB cable (but same wall charger). If still not working, and if possible, try the charger/cable in a fast-charging device like a Note 4 or another S6 and see if the charger works there. If it doesn't, the issue is the charger. If it does, the issue is your phone. That way at least you know which one to send out for warranty replacement.
    04-26-2015 10:28 PM
    First make sure that the Fast Charging switch in your Settings is turned on. If it is and it's still not working, then try using a different USB cable (but same wall charger). If still not working, and if possible, try the charger/cable in a fast-charging device like a Note 4 or another S6 and see if the charger works there. If it doesn't, the issue is the charger. If it does, the issue is your phone. That way at least you know which one to send out for warranty replacement.
    I don't see any switch in my settings for turning fast charging on or off.

04-26-2015 10:39 PM
    In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.
    04-26-2015 11:33 PM
    In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.
    I did try that like you suggested, unfortunately it didn't work. Guess I'll take it to the store tomorrow.

04-26-2015 11:49 PM
    The option will appear in the notification pull down when charging if fast charging is working correctly

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-26-2015 11:49 PM
    Push the usb cable all the way into the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-27-2015 12:01 AM

Oh, right! That too! That happened on my Note 4 a couple times... thought I had broken the charger (because it will still charge normally, just not fast) and then I just pushed the cable a bit further and voila!
    Stalonage likes this.
    04-27-2015 12:05 AM

I have my moments, but I'm not that stupid haha. Thanks for the suggestion though

inclementia likes this.
    04-27-2015 12:22 AM
    The option will appear in the notification pull down when charging if fast charging is working correctly

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Yes I know that.

04-27-2015 12:22 AM
    Seriously, check to make sure the cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. Mine felt like it was in and my fast charging didn't work. When I took a second look, there was still room for the cable to be inserted, but it took a little more effort. It works fine now.

Stalonage and stlkevin like this.
    04-27-2015 12:48 AM
    Seriously, check to make sure the cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. Mine felt like it was in and my fast charging didn't work. When I took a second look, there was still room for the cable to be inserted, but it took a little more effort. It works fine now.

Oh I know you're serious! Haha. Trust me though, I unplugged it and pushed it in with a little more force, and nothing. Then I plugged it back into the phone and waited for it to charge a bit then pushed the cable into the block a again and nothing. I'm just going to have to take it to the store

04-27-2015 06:46 AM
    This exact same thing happened to me over the weekend for the first time. Fast charging, heck...even normal charging wasn't available. After about 20 minutes or so it would only charge 1%. Tried other family members' GS6s and GS6Es and the same would happen. Upon further inspection and the usb side of the cable wasn't full lodged into the actual brick charger. Back to normal thankfully.
    04-27-2015 12:29 PM
    This exact same thing happened to me over the weekend for the first time. Fast charging, heck...even normal charging wasn't available. After about 20 minutes or so it would only charge 1%. Tried other family members' GS6s and GS6Es and the same would happen. Upon further inspection and the usb side of the cable wasn't full lodged into the actual brick charger. Back to normal thankfully.
    I tried pushing the usb end in further. Not having any luck with anything :/

04-27-2015 01:04 PM
    I am sure you have checked, but.... does the charger have the " adaptive fast charger" marking on it? I have several of the samsung ones and thats the only way i can tell them apart is by that marking on the plug.....
    04-27-2015 01:09 PM
    I am sure you have checked, but.... does the charger have the " adaptive fast charger" marking on it? I have several of the samsung ones and thats the only way i can tell them apart is by that marking on the plug.....
    Yes haha. I take it you didn't read my original post? I'm using the one that came with the phone, it's Most definitely the adaptive fast charging one.

04-27-2015 01:20 PM
    This is a new phone... so problems shouldn't happen, period. Just get it replaced.

If any 'troubleshooting' were to happen I'd check out with a different USB cable and that's it (and only because other people, especially from T-Mobile's version are reporting that the cable is the culprit). At least you can charge your device hehe
    04-28-2015 01:16 AM
    This is a new phone... so problems shouldn't happen, period. Just get it replaced.

If any 'troubleshooting' were to happen I'd check out with a different USB cable and that's it (and only because other people, especially from T-Mobile's version are reporting that the cable is the culprit). At least you can charge your device hehe
    I got it replaced haha.

SpookDroid likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:04 AM
    Does the new one work?
    04-29-2015 09:13 PM
    Does the new one work?
    I was still within the 14 days at best buy so they just gave me everything new. Not just the phone. They tried the charger I had with another S6 edge and it worked fine. The issue was actually with the phone itself. It's pretty weird, I haven't seen this issue any where else on the Internet when I searched, could I be the first?

Slipurson likes this.
    04-29-2015 11:16 PM
    Hmmmm... strange. Yeah, the reports I've seen are actually the charger's or cable fault, but yours does seem to have been the phone or the USB port itself. Congratulations on being the first? haha Hope it's an isolated case though. Manufacturing issues do abound in first-batch phones.
    04-29-2015 11:18 PM
    Fast Charging used to have a setting, now it's automatic. If there is enough juice you'll see a notification letting you know fast charging is enabled, it's automatic now.
    04-29-2015 11:19 PM
    I believe the switch is still there, under Power Saving settings. In any case, OP says the message didn't show up for him, so it was definitely not fast-charging.
    04-29-2015 11:25 PM
    I have several Android lollipop devices and can safely say it's no longer a setting, it's built right into the OS and the manufacture just needs to add the hardware to be able to take use of it. It WAS a setting it prior to 5.0, I've never seen it on any device since the Lollipop upgrade. I checked all battery and power saving settings, it's not an option out of the 10 devices I have.
    04-29-2015 11:40 PM
    That's odd. I've seen posts from people with S6's saying they do have the option. I can't confirm since I don't have one and my Note 4 hasn't been updated to LP yet (it has, but I'm traveling so I can't get the update yet).
    04-29-2015 11:57 PM
167 123 ...