For some odd reason my battery data just stopped displaying. There is no more time estimate and once it's right off the charger it displays "Battery usage data is unavailable".

Battery Estimate Not Displaying?-screenshot_2015-04-28-14-19-44.jpg

Battery Estimate Not Displaying?-screenshot_2015-04-28-14-22-56.jpg

Any advise? I've done a two resets/clearing the cache with no change.

Verizon. 64GB Edge.
    04-28-2015 01:31 PM
    The estimate on battery time remaining is based on your previous usage. Every time you reset, it will lose this information - it will need at least one drain/charge cycle before it will give you estimated time remaining again.
    04-28-2015 04:24 PM
    The estimate on battery time remaining is based on your previous usage. Every time you reset, it will lose this information - it will need at least one drain/charge cycle before it will give you estimated time remaining again.
    Unfortunately I've ran it through a few cycles and that wasn't the case. It was some software hiccup. For some reason when I did a factory reset through the bootloader it wouldn't work. (I tried 5 times...) However, I tried doing a factory reset through settings and everything is as good as new now. Didn't realize there was a difference between those two factory resets, but apparently there is.
    04-28-2015 08:18 PM
    Unfortunately I've ran it through a few cycles and that wasn't the case. It was some software hiccup. For some reason when I did a factory reset through the bootloader it wouldn't work. (I tried 5 times...) However, I tried doing a factory reset through settings and everything is as good as new now. Didn't realize there was a difference between those two factory resets, but apparently there is.
    Definitely interesting. Sort of unrelated, it was awesome that on the S5 on Kitkat you could switch between Dalvik and ART through the developer options - this would reconfigure all your apps and fix many problems without having to reset your whole device. It would be really nice if there was something similar we could do somewhere between a wipe of the cache and a full reset that could fix some of these minor software bugs.
    04-28-2015 09:47 PM