Creating Folders in Apps

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am on v 5.02 and want to know if there is a way to create new folders in the apps drawer. My husband's Note 4 on 5.01 has the three dots in Apps to do this but dots are absent in 5.02.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am on v 5.02 and want to know if there is a way to create new folders in the apps drawer. My husband's Note 4 on 5.01 has the three dots in Apps to do this but dots are absent in 5.02.

I was looking for this too. However, you drag one icon onto another and it will create a folder

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
To create a folder.
  1. Drag a App onto another app
  2. Name the folder whatever you want
  3. Drag another app into that folder
  4. And so on
To remove the App from the folder just drag it out and make sure there is a highlight and the app is on the grid.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
To create a folder.
  1. Drag a App onto another app
  2. Name the folder whatever you want
  3. Drag another app into that folder
  4. And so on
To remove the App from the folder just drag it out and make sure there is a highlight and the app is on the grid.

That's how to create folders on different desktop pages. They're asking how to create folders in the app tray. Unfortunately, folders can't be made in the app tray.

EDIT : TOTALLY TAKE THAT BACK HAHA

Via the Android Central App on my S6 edge

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am not able to drah one app onto another in the app folder. How can you do this?

If you are talking about creating a folder in the app drawer, first click edit. Then drag an app icon onto another. Once a folder is created, you can drag the folder onto the main tray (the 4 that are on the bottom of the screen)