Why Am I Not Getting Bad Battery Life?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I keep hearing about it, but mine has been great. I get no less than 15 hours on a charge with almost 6 hours screen on time. Makes me wonder what I'm doing differently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One of the bigger factors in battery life can be signal strength. If you have a really good signal, that can aid battery life.

How long have you had the phone?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Anything specifically you disabled? Would love to be getting 6 SOT, but I think I might be using apps that might consume a bit more battery life. (Ie snapchat, camera, etc.)

And I think another big issue, at least for me personally, is the fact I'm on a college campus and the wifi is very inconsistent. The wifi is constantly reconnecting and what not. That on top of the wifi bug has to take a big hit.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
One of the bigger factors in battery life can be signal strength. If you have a really good signal, that can aid battery life.

How long have you had the phone?

A couple of weeks. But I've never had problems with any of my Androids. I do keep tabs on things though. If a app is rogue it's gone. Disabled or deleted apps I don't use on first start up.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe you should share everything that you do. That way people can actually see what you're doing differently ;)

For me I get great battery life too. I don't think I do anything special. WiFi, account syncing and Bluetooth are always on. Location services set to GPS only and most apps location set to off. I use greenify to hibernate apps I don't use that often or those that can run too much when not using. That's all for me which is what I do for all android devices. No real issues here and I'm not into micromanaging the battery and having to manually switch stuff on and off. Don't have the time or patience for that. If I had to do those things to make it through the day, the device would very going back. So far so good though.

Sure, it's not a long as my 6+ but that was expected. As long as I can make it through a normal day for me then I'm good. Right now I can. Went to bed last night with 65% battery left with my typical usage. All depends on the user and what they're doing and expectations.

Last edited:

dharbit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I was getting bad battery life, surprisingly i let my phone die completely after a week of use and that seemed to fix it. i am getting around 16-19 hours of battery life with my normal usage. Before the battery drain I was getting 12-14 max.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting amazing battery life. I think it's even better than the S5. People come on to forums when they are having a problem, and most people who are happy with their phone don't bother to post on forums about it. Anyway, I took advice from others here pretty early on and did the following:

1) a factory reset directly after downloading the update that t mobile pushed as soon as turned it on the first time.

2) turned off voLTE calling (under call settings)

3) turned off Smart Network Switch and Always Allow Scanning under wifi settings.

4) screen on auto-brightness (most of the time)

koreaa30

May 17, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been bad since I did a factory reset. Don't understand how that's possible but I can't even hit 5 hours of screen time when I first got the phone. It's only been 3 days..

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been bad since I did a factory reset. Don't understand how that's possible but I can't even hit 5 hours of screen time when I first got the phone. It's only been 3 days..

I haven't been able to hit 5 hours SOT either. I've tried nearly everything too. So many disabled apps. :/

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Well maybe you should share everything that you do. That way people can actually see what you're doing differently ;)

For me I get great battery life too. I don't think I do anything special. WiFi, account syncing and Bluetooth are always on. Location services set to GPS only and most apps location set to off. I use greenify to hibernate apps I don't use that often or those that can run too much when not using. That's all for me which is what I do for all android devices. No real issues here and I'm not into micromanaging the battery and having to manually switch stuff on and off. Don't have the time or patience for that. If I had to do those things to make it through the day, the device would very going back. So far so good though.

Sure, it's not a long as my 6+ but that was expected. As long as I can make it through a normal day for me then I'm good. Right now I can. Went to bed last night with 65% battery left with my typical usage. All depends on the user and what they're doing and expectations.

This is good battery life you're getting. I really haven't done anything special. As I said earlier. I disabled apps I don't use or deleted them. I only sync when I need to.
My sync isn't automatic.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used power saver mode. My location is on GPS only all the time. I also disabled a lot of apps I don't use. I also went into accounts and selected only exactly what I want synced (gmail, contacts, calendar, nothing else).

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is all that horrible, I have really bad service at work...sometimes it shows no signal. I haven't really done anything special, other than reset the Google Services that is floating around on XDA.

uploadfromtaptalk1430427547864.jpg

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity what do you guys do for location? Do you keep it off, power saving, gps only?

GPS only for me. But I turn off location settings for most apps individually because I only prefer some apps have access. And the good thing is they only use of when I launch the app so not in the background. However, using WiFi and cell networks is better overall for battery but again to me the difference is marginal as long as you don't allow all apps to have access.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Try turning off ultra power saving mode

I run regular power. Never used ultra. Someone asked about which location setting I used. I use power saving instead of gps. You read it wrong. I'm at 15 hours right now. 20 percent battery left. Use my phone all day.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Getting unto arguments and refuting users having better battery life is pointless. Better is relative and depends on the user. There are so many different factors that attribute to battery life. All you can so is give people general tips on what they can do. They can decide to do them or not and if it's still not sufficient, get rid of the device. Life's too short to be worrying about how long my phone will last.

Now I realize for some their phone is their lifeline so just talking about myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae