Why is my S6 Edge battery life so terrible?

A

AC Question

S6 Edge - Battery Life Deteriorating Since Purchase

Hello there,

I'v had my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB for around about 3-4 weeks now (since UK launch) and I thought it was the best purchase I'v ever made for a phone. However I have noticed over the past 3-4 days an dramatic, no, insane! drop in battery power.

I'll give you a few examples of the battery life putting a frown on my face and a what the f* is happening?! moments,

1: Left the S6 Edge on charge over-night next to me, minor use all day and was even plugged into my car charger whilst out and about, left me with 43% - 45% when I went to bed (forgot my charging cable, left it in the car). I woke up the next morning luckily not having work so didn't need the alarm! and the phone was dead.

2: 100% charged this morning, used GPS / Google Maps at Sat Nav for about a 40 minute journey, on arrival I was waiting on my fiancee so I turned off both GPS and shutdown maps. I use two app killing programs, one to free up ram and one to remove cached files that I don't need. This left the battery at 65%, I came back to use the Sat Nav to get home after the phone being in my pocket unused for 3 hours and the battery was on 30%!!

As you can imagine the battery died on the journey home.

I don't understand why? I'v checked my battery usage and screen use is 25%, google services which I'm unsure is, uses 22% and Google App uses 15%.

Rest of my apps are minor usage all below 10%. With Android System sitting at the bottom at 2%.

I don't understand the crazy drop in battery life I'm getting? I could use to leave my phone un-plugged and idle overnight and only lose 5%-10% battery life. (WiFi on) but to lose 30-40% overnight is just crazy.

Any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 Edge - Battery Life Deteriorating Since Purchase

Welcome to Android Central.

First, if the app killers you refer to are the task-killer type, uninstall them. They are not needed and may actually reduce battery life.
Second, what is your signal quality like like? If poor, battery life will be all the worse.
Third, consider the possibility that your battery may be faulty.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11