wireless charger question

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I just recently (10 days ago)bought my first Samsung phone (s6 edge) and I love it more and more! My previous phones we're all Iphones. Anyway, today I bought a wireless charger from Ebay. After I bought it I read that for some phones you also have to buy a receiver! So here's my question: does my phone have a build-up receiver or do I need to buy one?
Thank you!!

kmw1

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The S6 Edge has built in wireless charging, supporting both PMA and WPC wireless charging standards. There are no additional covers or accessories needed.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what those two charging standards mean but it works out of the box.

I had to buy the Samsung Wireless Charger. I wasn't sure if I really wanted the edge and missed the pre-order promotion where Rogers was giving it away. :(

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

jetspeedz

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
cases really affect how well this protocol work. I'm going to create a new thread about the case that did not work for me.

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I have a thin flip cover for my phone to protect the screen when it's in my purse! I'm hoping the phone will charge through the cover since it's so thin. Today I'm going to ATT to have them put on a screen protector.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes most covers it will charge

Don't get a off brand or older chargers

The New ones released This year have better 2A output meaning it will still charge faster