Enhanced Features

hysonmb

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Today I started getting this request to enable Enhanced Features on my phone. I've had it for over a month now and haven't installed anything new that I'm aware of. It appears to be coming from a Samsung app but I'm not sure which. My wife got the same thing on hers but she accepted it and it went away. I've declined it each time, don't want what they're offering to do, but it comes back about every 20 minutes.
Does anyone know what this is tied to and how I can suppress the notification?

Screenshot_2015-05-01-18-49-58.jpg

Andy McGlothin

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and it's happening on my S6 too. The thing that really disturbs me about this is that it is giving Samsung access to my messages, which according to the Terms of Service, is also giving them irrevocable permission to do anything they want with my messages including public performances and public display. I don't think they would actually do that, but WTH! Why would anyone agree to give a company permission to do that??!!

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
What I had to do was accept the terms, enable, then go into the contacts settings to disable profile sharing. I couldn't otherwise keep this from piping up every few minutes.

Posted via AC app from my Galaxy S6 Edge

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i dont have anything to hide so i enabled it. was sick of taking beautiful pictures to send them to my girlfriends s6 in a compressed mess thru hangout or messages. This pretty much allows you to upload up to 1gb to samsungs cloud, and sends the link to your contact.

jaxxonline

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I started getting this request to enable Enhanced Features on my phone. I've had it for over a month now and haven't installed anything new that I'm aware of. It appears to be coming from a Samsung app but I'm not sure which. My wife got the same thing on hers but she accepted it and it went away. I've declined it each time, don't want what they're offering to do, but it comes back about every 20 minutes.
Does anyone know what this is tied to and how I can suppress the notification?

View attachment 174801

Hello All. I have figured this ridiculous pop up for enhanced messages on S6!!!
I spent over a month with Sprint and Samsung troubleshooting this and today I was able to finally get it to go away. Mine was popping up at least 80 times a day, all day.
DO NOT AGREE TO IT, if you do not want your phone number, contact list & messages to be collected!!!

I have Sprint and not sure of other carriers. Here is the process I did to make it go away without agreeing.
Touch the DECLINE button
Touch the messages icon (text button)
Touch MORE. Top right
Touch Settings. 2nd from bottom of list
You will see the Enhanced messaging button is green (on)
Should see something like REGISTRATION with your phone number listed below it. Touch your number
Touch the DEREGISTER button on top right
Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
touch OK
It will deregister your phone and turn off the enhanced messaging. You texts will still function as normal.
If you want to use the enhanced messaging capability & allow them to collect all data from your device, then touch accept button and agree or turn on.
You can always turn it back on whenever you like, but at least you will have a choice to do so, instead of them making you agree to collect data.

I believe the Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon ect...person at store is turningit on or coming that way from factory or carrier.

Hope this helps. Took me 6 months and many hours on phone with tier 3 or higher with Sprint and Samsung and ended up figuring out on my own, while on conference call with both of them.

Madknight

May 11, 2015
Visit site
The popup started showing up yesterday on my s6 Edge on Sprint, and reappears within a minute or so of clicking Decline..

Unfortunately, the instructions above don't work for me. First, I'm not using Messages, I'm using Hangouts. Second, in Messages, the Extended Features listing is greyed out (and un-clickable). And finally, Extended Features is showing as "off" (in addition to being grey).

I checked for an update, and one is now downloading. Maybe that will fix this?

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have Sprint and not sure of other carriers. Here is the process I did to make it go away without agreeing.
Touch the DECLINE button
Touch MORE. Top right
Should see something like REGISTRATION with your phone number listed below it. Touch your number
Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
touch OK
It will deregister your phone and turn off the enhanced messaging. You texts will still function as normal.
If you want to use the enhanced messaging capability & allow them to collect all data from your device, then touch accept button and agree or turn on.
You can always turn it back on whenever you like, but at least you will have a choice to do so, instead of them making you agree to collect data.

I'm on Verizon and I never got that prompt. I checked the settings in Messages and I don't have a entry for Enhanced messaging, nor do I have anything mentioning Extended Features.

Andy Dale1

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I had this start today, I was getting this every 30 secs. Found a fix that has prevented it for 20 mins now. Go into app settings, find enhanced sharing under running apps and press force stop.

Hope this helps you all.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that are not using the default Messages app, have you disabled the app? I'm using Textra so for me there's no reason of leaving that app running, so I always disable it, I don't have the issue on my T-mobile 's edge and hope never getting it.

Andy McGlothin

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't found a way to successfully stop this message without agreeing to Samsung's Terms & Conditions. I have disabled the default Messaging app, attempted to turn off profile sharing (which causes a spinning circle and the message "Turning off profile sharing" to be permanently displayed), and disabled every Samsung app I can find on the device all which have had partial success at stopping this pop-up. It's ridiculous to have to jump through these kinds of hoops to have my phone just work without worrying about one more company attempting to gather data about me. There should be an option to simply let me check "don't ask again". I honestly think the equivalent of agreeing to the terms would be the same as buying a refrigerator and giving Samsung irrevocable permission to come into my home and take anything that they want from my fridge anytime they want.

Doug Fray

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Got T-Mobile S6 (not edge) and followed the procedure to disable Profile Sharing, now just get the spinning circle of nothing-ness! Anyone got a fix to remove this super annoying 'Enhanced Feature' pop-up?

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got T-Mobile S6 (not edge) and followed the procedure to disable Profile Sharing, now just get the spinning circle of nothing-ness! Anyone got a fix to remove this super annoying 'Enhanced Feature' pop-up?

I just did it on T-Mobile and it worked, no pop-ups since. This is what I did:
Go to Contacts app
Click on your own number/profile
Click on Profile Sharing
****Important for the steps that follow = DO NOT click on anything else especially the toggles!****
On the bottom of the list, there should be something called Registered Information
Click on that
Click on the "More" option on the top right
Click Deregister.

And whatever you do, do not go back into those menus, otherwise the pop-up will come up again.

Keith Litt

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello All. I have figured this ridiculous pop up for enhanced messages on S6!!!
I spent over a month with Sprint and Samsung troubleshooting this and today I was able to finally get it to go away. Mine was popping up at least 80 times a day, all day.
DO NOT AGREE TO IT, if you do not want your phone number, contact list & messages to be collected!!!

Touch the DECLINE button
Touch MORE. Top right
Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
touch OK

I believe the Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon ect...person at store is turningit on or coming that way from factory or carrier.

Hope this helps. Took me 6 months and many hours on phone with tier 3 or higher with Sprint and Samsung and ended up figuring out on my own, while on conference call with both of them.

Thank you, worked and is greatly appreciated. No way in hell I would agree to have my messages and numbers collected like that. Big brother at its best. If they want my private messages, get a warrent or go have dear leader Maobama's NSA collect it illegally.

Frank Mouwer

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I just did it on T-Mobile and it worked, no pop-ups since. This is what I did:
Go to Contacts app
Click on your own number/profile
Click on Profile Sharing
****Important for the steps that follow = DO NOT click on anything else especially the toggles!****
On the bottom of the list, there should be something called Registered Information
Click on that
Click on the "More" option on the top right
Click Deregister.

And whatever you do, do not go back into those menus, otherwise the pop-up will come up again.

This fixed it for me THANKS!!!!