03-20-2016 09:36 PM
27 12
tools
    Today I started getting this request to enable Enhanced Features on my phone. I've had it for over a month now and haven't installed anything new that I'm aware of. It appears to be coming from a Samsung app but I'm not sure which. My wife got the same thing on hers but she accepted it and it went away. I've declined it each time, don't want what they're offering to do, but it comes back about every 20 minutes.
    Does anyone know what this is tied to and how I can suppress the notification?

Enhanced Features-screenshot_2015-05-01-18-49-58.jpg
    05-01-2015 08:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Same pop-up with no way of disabling. Really aggravating.
    05-02-2015 06:17 AM
    I'm on att and I think they've disabled it. I'm guessing you're on a different character. Here's something about it:

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/04/samsu...-part-5-105106

Posted via the Android Central App
    sunny dear likes this.
    05-02-2015 06:49 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile and it's happening on my S6 too. The thing that really disturbs me about this is that it is giving Samsung access to my messages, which according to the Terms of Service, is also giving them irrevocable permission to do anything they want with my messages including public performances and public display. I don't think they would actually do that, but WTH! Why would anyone agree to give a company permission to do that??!!
    sunny dear likes this.
    05-11-2015 12:49 PM
    What I had to do was accept the terms, enable, then go into the contacts settings to disable profile sharing. I couldn't otherwise keep this from piping up every few minutes.

Posted via AC app from my Galaxy S6 Edge
    sunny dear likes this.
    05-11-2015 01:12 PM
    i dont have anything to hide so i enabled it. was sick of taking beautiful pictures to send them to my girlfriends s6 in a compressed mess thru hangout or messages. This pretty much allows you to upload up to 1gb to samsungs cloud, and sends the link to your contact.
    05-11-2015 01:31 PM
    Today I started getting this request to enable Enhanced Features on my phone. I've had it for over a month now and haven't installed anything new that I'm aware of. It appears to be coming from a Samsung app but I'm not sure which. My wife got the same thing on hers but she accepted it and it went away. I've declined it each time, don't want what they're offering to do, but it comes back about every 20 minutes.
    Does anyone know what this is tied to and how I can suppress the notification?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-01-18-49-58.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	174801
    Hello All. I have figured this ridiculous pop up for enhanced messages on S6!!!
    I spent over a month with Sprint and Samsung troubleshooting this and today I was able to finally get it to go away. Mine was popping up at least 80 times a day, all day.
    DO NOT AGREE TO IT, if you do not want your phone number, contact list & messages to be collected!!!

I have Sprint and not sure of other carriers. Here is the process I did to make it go away without agreeing.
    Touch the DECLINE button
    Touch the messages icon (text button)
    Touch MORE. Top right
    Touch Settings. 2nd from bottom of list
    You will see the Enhanced messaging button is green (on)
    Should see something like REGISTRATION with your phone number listed below it. Touch your number
    Touch the DEREGISTER button on top right
    Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
    touch OK
    It will deregister your phone and turn off the enhanced messaging. You texts will still function as normal.
    If you want to use the enhanced messaging capability & allow them to collect all data from your device, then touch accept button and agree or turn on.
    You can always turn it back on whenever you like, but at least you will have a choice to do so, instead of them making you agree to collect data.

I believe the Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon ect...person at store is turningit on or coming that way from factory or carrier.

Hope this helps. Took me 6 months and many hours on phone with tier 3 or higher with Sprint and Samsung and ended up figuring out on my own, while on conference call with both of them.
    Bodrul and KMachine like this.
    05-11-2015 01:58 PM
    The popup started showing up yesterday on my s6 Edge on Sprint, and reappears within a minute or so of clicking Decline..

Unfortunately, the instructions above don't work for me. First, I'm not using Messages, I'm using Hangouts. Second, in Messages, the Extended Features listing is greyed out (and un-clickable). And finally, Extended Features is showing as "off" (in addition to being grey).

I checked for an update, and one is now downloading. Maybe that will fix this?
    05-11-2015 02:35 PM
    I have Sprint and not sure of other carriers. Here is the process I did to make it go away without agreeing.
    Touch the DECLINE button
    Touch MORE. Top right
    Should see something like REGISTRATION with your phone number listed below it. Touch your number
    Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
    touch OK
    It will deregister your phone and turn off the enhanced messaging. You texts will still function as normal.
    If you want to use the enhanced messaging capability & allow them to collect all data from your device, then touch accept button and agree or turn on.
    You can always turn it back on whenever you like, but at least you will have a choice to do so, instead of them making you agree to collect data.
    I'm on Verizon and I never got that prompt. I checked the settings in Messages and I don't have a entry for Enhanced messaging, nor do I have anything mentioning Extended Features.
    05-11-2015 02:51 PM
    I had this start today, I was getting this every 30 secs. Found a fix that has prevented it for 20 mins now. Go into app settings, find enhanced sharing under running apps and press force stop.

Hope this helps you all.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    05-11-2015 07:15 PM
    For those of you that are not using the default Messages app, have you disabled the app? I'm using Textra so for me there's no reason of leaving that app running, so I always disable it, I don't have the issue on my T-mobile 's edge and hope never getting it.
    05-11-2015 07:27 PM
    Super helpful! I had the same thing happen to me.
    05-11-2015 08:21 PM
    I still haven't found a way to successfully stop this message without agreeing to Samsung's Terms & Conditions. I have disabled the default Messaging app, attempted to turn off profile sharing (which causes a spinning circle and the message "Turning off profile sharing" to be permanently displayed), and disabled every Samsung app I can find on the device all which have had partial success at stopping this pop-up. It's ridiculous to have to jump through these kinds of hoops to have my phone just work without worrying about one more company attempting to gather data about me. There should be an option to simply let me check "don't ask again". I honestly think the equivalent of agreeing to the terms would be the same as buying a refrigerator and giving Samsung irrevocable permission to come into my home and take anything that they want from my fridge anytime they want.
    05-20-2015 02:32 PM
    worked perfectly.... Thanks !
    05-21-2015 07:28 PM
    Got T-Mobile S6 (not edge) and followed the procedure to disable Profile Sharing, now just get the spinning circle of nothing-ness! Anyone got a fix to remove this super annoying 'Enhanced Feature' pop-up?
    06-11-2015 03:06 PM
    Got T-Mobile S6 (not edge) and followed the procedure to disable Profile Sharing, now just get the spinning circle of nothing-ness! Anyone got a fix to remove this super annoying 'Enhanced Feature' pop-up?
    I just did it on T-Mobile and it worked, no pop-ups since. This is what I did:
    Go to Contacts app
    Click on your own number/profile
    Click on Profile Sharing
    ****Important for the steps that follow = DO NOT click on anything else especially the toggles!****
    On the bottom of the list, there should be something called Registered Information
    Click on that
    Click on the "More" option on the top right
    Click Deregister.

And whatever you do, do not go back into those menus, otherwise the pop-up will come up again.
    Frank Mouwer likes this.
    06-12-2015 10:14 AM
    Got it by going to contacts - my own number and then de-registered it.
    06-12-2015 02:58 PM
    Thanks btgrave, just tried it. Here's to crossing my finger's in the hopes that it works!
    06-15-2015 02:09 PM
    Hello All. I have figured this ridiculous pop up for enhanced messages on S6!!!
    I spent over a month with Sprint and Samsung troubleshooting this and today I was able to finally get it to go away. Mine was popping up at least 80 times a day, all day.
    DO NOT AGREE TO IT, if you do not want your phone number, contact list & messages to be collected!!!

Touch the DECLINE button
    Touch MORE. Top right
    Touch DERIGSTER PHONE
    touch OK

I believe the Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon ect...person at store is turningit on or coming that way from factory or carrier.

Hope this helps. Took me 6 months and many hours on phone with tier 3 or higher with Sprint and Samsung and ended up figuring out on my own, while on conference call with both of them.
    Thank you, worked and is greatly appreciated. No way in hell I would agree to have my messages and numbers collected like that. Big brother at its best. If they want my private messages, get a warrent or go have dear leader Maobama's NSA collect it illegally.
    06-15-2015 10:07 PM
    I just did it on T-Mobile and it worked, no pop-ups since. This is what I did:
    Go to Contacts app
    Click on your own number/profile
    Click on Profile Sharing
    ****Important for the steps that follow = DO NOT click on anything else especially the toggles!****
    On the bottom of the list, there should be something called Registered Information
    Click on that
    Click on the "More" option on the top right
    Click Deregister.

And whatever you do, do not go back into those menus, otherwise the pop-up will come up again.
    This fixed it for me THANKS!!!!
    06-18-2015 05:10 PM
    It worked! I could kiss you!
    08-28-2015 11:45 AM
    Outstanding!
    08-28-2015 11:46 AM
    Mine is enabled and keeps trying to connect to upload something. When I try to disable enhanced features in messaging it shows a loading screen with "logging out"... 5 min later it says unable to disable please try again when you are connected. I can have full bars and it does not even attempt to login to disable. I can't de-registered either. it looks like I will need to factory reset.
    10-09-2015 09:33 PM
    It is kinda sad people believe that hitting decline will stop Samsung from knowing your information. The items it says it collects is for the "Enhanced Features" to function. Its the same crap when you install skype. The fact that they force it on you sucks... BUT... People freaking out about DO NOT HIT ACCEPT... OR ELSE... try googling it.. Samsung has MANY ways of collecting data from your phone if you like it or not. In fact in the last year they have been fined for collecting data and accessing information without the users knowledge. Clicking DECLINE may give you peace of mind, but it's not really protecting you. If you have a smartphone, then the manufactures, carrier and any government official can access your ****. That is the reality of the world we live in. I have been building cell sites for 20 years now. Trust me... they know.
    ubigred and Luxi Turna like this.
    10-09-2015 09:46 PM
    Omg THANK YOU! I just signed up to basically say just this. - people, If you think for one second having a satellite connected device in your pocket everywhere you go isnt collecting any kind of data youre a complete nunny and should probably get a landline with a 20ft tether. Get a grip. Noone cares about your grocery list text msgs, youre not the dang president. Go about your life. Also enhanced msging is basically a file sharing convenience between people you choose in your S6 or S6 edge. For crying out loud get a flip phone for god sake and quit complaining. Also if you cant figure out the high tech wonderful phone in your pocket, you have failed at life . Im honestly surprised you could even find this page to complain.
    01-18-2016 11:44 AM
27 12