My Galaxy S 6 Edge camera warning camera failed, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S 6 edge camera warning camera failed

sad i just got home from the store (the phone was nearly dead had charge it) come home and the camera wont work at all
says it fails and closes =/ restarted it more then once.

MrProxied

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S 6 edge camera warning camera failed

Is the battery above critical level? If your battery is at a low percentage the camera app won't open.

moritzk

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Code:
I got the same problem! :(

I googled the issue... no solutions or any similiar problems (besides this post)
Tried *#0*# and checked:
- front cam: working
- mega cam: "camera failed"

I waited 7 month (here in germany) for the device and i hope its not a hardware problem. :(

I tried this solution, but it did not work:
Code:
Galaxy S6 Edge Camera Failed Error
Problem: Hi guys! I recently encountered a problem with my new Galaxy S6 Edge and I think you’d be the first one I’d tell you about it. I am not so sure what happened or what I’ve installed but the phone will now pop up the error message “camera failed” every time I open the camera. Prior to this, I was able to take a lot of pictures and it just frustrates me to be greeted with this error message every time I want to use the camera. I am not new to technology but this is my first Android phone (I’m a long time iPhone user) so please don’t be too hard on me. Thanks. — Sarah

Troubleshooting: Hi Sarah! I am sorry to hear your first Android experience is not so smooth. I really can’t tell what’s wrong with the camera of your phone based on your description but if it’s not the firmware, then it’s gotta be the hardware that has a problem. But first of all, I will assume that the phone doesn’t have physical or liquid damage.

The first thing you need to do is determine whether it’s a third-party app (which you may have installed) that’s causing the problem or anything else. To do that, boot the phone in safe mode:

Turn off your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Press and hold the Power key.
When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge’ appears, immediately release the Power key and then press and hold the Volume Down button.
Continue holding the Volume Down button until the phone finishes the restart.
When you see Safe Mode on the lower left corner of the screen, release the button.
If it were just a third-party that caused it, then the camera should work in safe mode. If not, then it must either be the firmware or the hardware itself.

A hard reset is necessary to determine if bringing the phone back to its factory settings will fix the problem. If not, you need to talk with your provider and have the tech take a look at it or request a replacement unit.

Full Hard Reset

Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

Andreas Dahl1

May 6, 2015
Visit site
hey. I got the same problem to :( im afraid is a hardware problem. I will be sending mine back to samsung on monday.. did you manage to fix yours?
im from Norway

moritzk

May 6, 2015
Visit site
hey. I got the same problem to :( im afraid is a hardware problem. I will be sending mine back to samsung on monday.. did you manage to fix yours?
im from Norway

I also think this is a hardware problem. I found a few posts in different communities and on reddit mentioning the same issue.
I am going to send mine back to the carrier tomorrow.

Ken Finigan

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Canada and I'm having the same issue you folks seem to be having. Has anyone found any solutions other than sending the handset back to carrier/manufacturer?

337badazz

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same problem. I followed all the steps from Samsung and the carrier(At&t), nothing worked even the hard reset didn't fix it. So I unmounted the SD card, took out the battery and Sim card then put everything back and now it's working. It maybe a problem with the sd card since it was the same sd card from my previous phone that was dropped in the tub at least 5 times but surprisingly the phone( note 2 the greatest phone ever) still works. I upgradd downgraded in my opinion to a mega 2 and only had it 3 weeks before this camera issue came up

Domhnulla Stassen

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
This just happened to me this morning and I have had my phone for about 3 weeks. I did the two steps below and my camera is now working again.

How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera Failed Problem:

First Thing:

1 - Restart the Samsung Galaxy S6, this could fix camera failed problem. Hold the “Power” button and the “Home” button at the same time for 7 seconds until the phone turns off and vibrates.
2. Go to Settings, open the Application manager and then go to the Camera app. Select on Force stop, clear data and clear cache.

Second Thing (this is what actually worked for me):

The next attempt is to clear the cache partition, this could fix the camera failed problem on Samsung Galaxy S6. Power off the smartphone, then hold and press the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons at the same time. Let go of all the buttons and wait for the Android system recovery screen to show up (black screen). Highlight Wipe Cache partition using Volume down key and press the Power key to select the option, then you will see the Reboot Now message, click the Power button again to select, then your phone will restart. Your camera should work now, otherwise, yes, definitely take it back to your provider and politely demand a replacement.

Vedabrata Basu

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Posing from India here. Tried both these ideas - didn't work. Took it to a service centre ( the phone less than a week old). They maintain that it's a software glitch. They just need to apply "an additional patch update for the camera". Will try that this weekend.

kayvee123

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
thank you so much for the second tip. I had tried the first one over the phone with the tech the day after my purchase and it kept doing it from time to time... so when I tried doing it again it did not work. until I tried the second method.. thank you so much! sucks this is a common problem. I even asked the girl before I purchased it if the phone had a history of problems she said no... yea ! lol

cigano77

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Code:
I got the same problem! :(

I googled the issue... no solutions or any similiar problems (besides this post)
Tried *#0*# and checked:
- front cam: working
- mega cam: "camera failed"

I waited 7 month (here in germany) for the device and i hope its not a hardware problem. :(

I tried this solution, but it did not work:
Code:
Galaxy S6 Edge Camera Failed Error
Problem: Hi guys! I recently encountered a problem with my new Galaxy S6 Edge and I think you’d be the first one I’d tell you about it. I am not so sure what happened or what I’ve installed but the phone will now pop up the error message “camera failed” every time I open the camera. Prior to this, I was able to take a lot of pictures and it just frustrates me to be greeted with this error message every time I want to use the camera. I am not new to technology but this is my first Android phone (I’m a long time iPhone user) so please don’t be too hard on me. Thanks. — Sarah

Troubleshooting: Hi Sarah! I am sorry to hear your first Android experience is not so smooth. I really can’t tell what’s wrong with the camera of your phone based on your description but if it’s not the firmware, then it’s gotta be the hardware that has a problem. But first of all, I will assume that the phone doesn’t have physical or liquid damage.

The first thing you need to do is determine whether it’s a third-party app (which you may have installed) that’s causing the problem or anything else. To do that, boot the phone in safe mode:

Turn off your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Press and hold the Power key.
When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge’ appears, immediately release the Power key and then press and hold the Volume Down button.
Continue holding the Volume Down button until the phone finishes the restart.
When you see Safe Mode on the lower left corner of the screen, release the button.
If it were just a third-party that caused it, then the camera should work in safe mode. If not, then it must either be the firmware or the hardware itself.

A hard reset is necessary to determine if bringing the phone back to its factory settings will fix the problem. If not, you need to talk with your provider and have the tech take a look at it or request a replacement unit.

Full Hard Reset

Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
I had the same issue I have tried all the solutions posted, nothing solved this issue . I decided to to replace the camera in the process of dismantling the phone I noticed the camera started to work. I had removed the back of the phone the frame and all screws at this point . Camera worked flawlessly. I started to reassemble the phone and noticed thecamera stopped working again with the same error message .Took the phone apart one more time installing one screw at a time checking the camera functionality each time , one I got to one inperticular screw the camera would stop working . Tried it servral times and like clock work the camera would freeze and give me a error every time I put in the screw , I cannot figure out why I thought maybe it was shorting out on something but could not find anything . Hopefully this can help someone with this issue . I took a picture of the back of the phone and the perticular screw that was giving me the problem , I have since left the screw out and the phone has been working great

jason1231

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S 6 edge camera warning camera failed

FIXED...Every edge that I had to fix believe it or not was the screws being too tight or too loose. The second one down from the top left if its too tight the camera will not work it will say camera failure and if it's too loose your phone will either not turn on or randomly turn off by itself.

AsianPussasin

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Can you send or post the picture of the screw that was causing the error? There are 4 screws above the camera. Is it the one closest to the camera? From what another user said, it is the second screw down from the top left (the one directly to the left of the micorSD slot). A little confused as to which one it is.

AsianPussasin

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so, I just wanted to follow up. I believe I have fixed my camera fail issue with the screw method. The screw closest to the camera was loose, so I tightened that up until it was snug. Then, I removed the screw closest to the microSD slot. So far, I have not seen the camera fail error message and it's working flawlessly. Camera has not failed in about 12 hours, which it has never done. I just hope this is a permanent fix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835