Why does my fingerprint scanner suck so much?

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I am so tired of the fingerprint scanner on this phone.

It rarely reads my thumb the first time. I have re-done it for my thumb dozens of times. When re-adding my thumb, I always place my thumb the same way that I do when I unlock it. I have tried adding my thumb to 2 fingerprint slots. No dice.

I have to place my thumb on the scanner like 3-5 times before it reads my thumb.

WHY?

Anyone else have any feedback on this? It's very frustrating.

FYI, it doesn't seem to be as bad for my index finger, but it's not perfect for that one either.

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
In had the same issue...I deleted the current finger print abs set it back up, but, this time I would move my thumb slightly each time through out the set up process to make sure all of my thumb was registered..I have had hardly any issues since then. And usually, when it does fail, it's my fault because I have placed my thumb totally wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Because your finger is round and the scanner rectangle

I have an iPhone for work. It's fingerprint scanner ALWAYS reads my thumb 100% of the time without fail.

Even though it was annoying, the fingerprint scanner method on the S5 was more reliable than it is on the S6. :-(

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
It took me a few attempts/rescanning of my fingerprint but mine works 99% of the time. Haven't had any real issues here. When I used the iPhone 5s it only worked 95% of the time.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine works everytime. When setting move your thumb around some. Rotate it a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have no issues, I made sure to move my thumb around when doing the set up so the entire print was stored. I was wondering if the fingerprint lock was working because I had no issues, that is until I tried a finger that I didn't input.

Thanian

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I set it up to use both my thumbs and my right index finger. Each time I scan my prints for each set up, I scan them slightly different, from different angles. Works 100% of the time unless it was my fault by not fully covering the button. Also I had issues early on as I kept pressing the button instead of just resting it on top.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine also works great. One thing I have noticed, I need to put the center of my thumb (that place where my thumbprint "swirl" comes to the center) on the home button. I had trouble when I was using more the top half of my thumbprint. Once I got used to this, it works great every time. I can do this from any angle (sideways or straight on) and it works great.

Flavio76

May 3, 2015
Visit site
On setup you have to scan many many times until hit 100%.
I setup 3 fingers. ..all then work flawless. Really! Left and right thumb and right indicator
I can make it work only holding with left hand. ..it surprise me someone saying it not works well.

Siendorf

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a had my finger print set the while time. Haven't had a issue. When setting up move finger or thumb around in some angles you would use to lock. Also I found out more than 1 print takes a lil longer to unlock. 1 print and it's instant. But having left and right thumb works wonders.

Posted via the Android Central App on S6 Edge

Gea-T

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
All the answers above are good. I just wanted to add that during setup place your finger(thumb) straight on the home button lift off turn the thumb to the right place on, lift off than turn left, place on. Make sure your whole thumb print gets scan, the tip, right side, left side, the middle.
Straight on, lift off turn to the right place on, lift off turn to the left place on again. I have no issues when setup like this

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams