Any way to lock apps onto homescreen?

ltjuanito

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Long time iPhone user and just transitioned to Android. Just got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it's been quite a learning experience so far.
So is there a way to lock the homescreen and the apps that are displayed there? The wife is having a problem where she can just be holding her phone in her palm and when she looks at her phone the next time, most of her apps are missing. Is there anyway you can lock the apps in place? I know with the iphone there are a few things needed to make apps disappear (hold icon, hit "X", tap on DELETE. All pretty specific spots within the screen that need to be tapped.

Thanks in advance

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, removing apps on the home screen on this device is even more deliberate. You have to tap and hold and drag to the top of the screen into the trash. Don't really see how they could just be disappearing without these actions. Are you sure your wife isn't confusing the app drawer with the homescreen? Meaning she's thinking she's looking at the home screen when she opens the app drawer? Because that's one thing that differs than the iPhone on that it doesn't have an app drawer. All apps are on a home screen whereas on this device or any android you don't have to put all apps on any screen. You may want to check again.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Long time iPhone user and just transitioned to Android. Just got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it's been quite a learning experience so far.
So is there a way to lock the homescreen and the apps that are displayed there? The wife is having a problem where she can just be holding her phone in her palm and when she looks at her phone the next time, most of her apps are missing. Is there anyway you can lock the apps in place? I know with the iphone there are a few things needed to make apps disappear (hold icon, hit "X", tap on DELETE. All pretty specific spots within the screen that need to be tapped.

Thanks in advance

Nova can do it.

S6 Edge 64GB

leatherneck111

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Install Nova launcher it's free on the playstore. I don't link Samsung TouchWiz and installed this launcher over it. I can lock the apps on my desktop /home screen so my kids can't move then around or add stuff. Go through ALL The different settings and change ALL settings that allow it to "fast as light". You'll notice a tremendous gain in speed as it eliminates animations which slow down the phone. If you don't like it just uninstall Nova launcher and you'll be back to where you are now. No harm done

2000androidluv

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem and a few other folks have told me they do too.

Aside from installing a different launcher does anyone know how to do it? And please no opinions about how it is really hard to accidentally remove apps or how great other apps are. If Nova is the only way I'll do it but I would think Android has a built in way...hopefully :)