Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

I cannot create folders in application menu. I know you are suppose to press 'EDIT' and then drag application to drop onto another one. For me selected application just goes back to its original location.

I was looking on various forums/youtube, only few people have this problem, noone has solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    05-15-2015 02:56 PM
    Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

I cannot create folders in application menu. I know you are suppose to press 'EDIT' and then drag application to drop onto another one. For me selected application just goes back to its original location.

I was looking on various forums/youtube, only few people have this problem, noone has solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I don't have the device; however, often times there may not be a way to add a folder in the app drawer. Instead, you may be able to add a separate page on the app drawer with the applications you choose to place there. Do you have an option to set a dedicated page for certain apps?
    05-15-2015 04:54 PM
    Thanks for reply.

The thing is I have seen others doing it on same device and I have even done it myself on another S6 device in store today.

I cannot do it on mine thought, was thinking maybe some default setting restricting it...

Not sure about dedicated page for certain apps, I don't think I can.
    05-15-2015 05:29 PM
    Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Not sure with the oem touch wiz launcher, but my 3rd party launcher works this way. As a matter of fact I didn't even know it would work so I tried it just now and it does. Sweet. This opens up even more options for my app drawer. You could try a 3rd party launcher from the store just to check. I'm using Next currently, but I would think Nova would work also for this.
    05-15-2015 10:49 PM
    I just tried it on my edge from verizon and it worked just fine. I hit edit. The I dragged one app on top of another and it created a folder without issue.
    05-16-2015 08:39 AM
    Not sure with the oem touch wiz launcher, but my 3rd party launcher works this way. As a matter of fact I didn't even know it would work so I tried it just now and it does. Sweet. This opens up even more options for my app drawer. You could try a 3rd party launcher from the store just to check. I'm using Next currently, but I would think Nova would work also for this.
    Yes, most third party launchers offer this feature. I don't know if Touchwiz does or doesn't.
    05-16-2015 08:46 AM
    Yes, this is how it is suppose to work, but its not doing it on my device.

I guess I will try to use one of the 3rd party launcher to make folders.
    05-16-2015 12:12 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem, but my phone is the Galaxy A3.
    Much much videos and tutorials show the folder creation as a simple thing to be done, but i've tried the same things you've tried and i'm not got success on it.

Did you already found a way to natively create these folders on app drawer?

Thanks
    09-02-2015 09:22 PM
    On my app screen I hit Edit and dragged one app onto another one...a new folder opened for me to create.
    05-06-2016 07:47 AM
    Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    i. To create a folder in app drawer, follow these steps:
    1. On your phone’s app drawer, tap Edit in the upper right corner.
    2. Drag an app on to another app to create a folder.
    3. You can now enter a name for the folder, and choose the background color.

ii. To delete a folder in app drawer, follow these steps:
    1. On your phone’s app drawer, tap Edit in the upper right corner.
    2. Tap the Minus sign in the upper right corner of a folder.
    2. When you’re asked for confirmation, tap Delete.
    11-28-2016 12:47 AM