Hey guys. Just curious if anyone here has gone from a z3 to the s6 edge? I feel ive been spoiled when it comes to battery life with the z3 but iam just bored with it and don't particularly like it's design / feel in hand and want something new. Initially i wanted to give the iPhone 6 a go but was quickly put off by the reviews of its battery performance.

Then i saw the s6 edge and decided i had to have it but again iam reading awful reviews about battery life that's putting me off especially when here in Ireland the s6 edge is double the price of a z3 and even 250 euro more than then the standard s6.

I don't expect nor do i need the battery to be as awesome as the z3 but if it can't give me at least 6.5 hours screen on time then i may have to reconsider buying.

Anyone here gone from a z3 to an s6 edge and more importantly..... Are you happy with the battery life of your s6 edge? What sort of screen on time are you getting?

Also, do the edges attract glare that's distracting and are the edges prone to accidental touches?

Appreciate any info
    05-15-2015 05:59 PM
    Hey guys. Just curious if anyone here has gone from a z3 to the s6 edge? I feel ive been spoiled when it comes to battery life with the z3 but iam just bored with it and don't particularly like it's design / feel in hand and want something new. Initially i wanted to give the iPhone 6 a go but was quickly put off by the reviews of its battery performance.

Then i saw the s6 edge and decided i had to have it but again iam reading awful reviews about battery life that's putting me off especially when here in Ireland the s6 edge is double the price of a z3 and even 250 euro more than then the standard s6.

I don't expect nor do i need the battery to be as awesome as the z3 but if it can't give me at least 6.5 hours screen on time then i may have to reconsider buying.

Anyone here gone from a z3 to an s6 edge and more importantly..... Are you happy with the battery life of your s6 edge? What sort of screen on time are you getting?

Also, do the edges attract glare that's distracting and are the edges prone to accidental touches?

Appreciate any info
    I didn't come directly from the Z3 to the S6 Edge, I had a couple of phones in between, but can tell you that until I got the S6 Edge it was the best phone I've had, but then it came the S6 and the Z3 went to #2.

BUT, if your purchase is based on 6.5 of SoT then don't buy it. I've had 6.5 SoT days but just in weekends where I don't normally use bluetooth and my Android Wear all day, also with the tweaks I always do to my phone and I posted in the regular S6 forum, but with my normal usage, I won't get more than 5.75 hours of SoT and that for me is great with a phone with a 2600 mAh and a Quad HD display and tons of features and great look and feel, but if this is not enough for you I doubt you'll last to long with it.
    05-15-2015 06:31 PM

Appreciate any info
    Z3 is a nice phone with a really good camera and a better battery. Unless you really want the Sammy you may want to hold off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 06:34 PM
    I know usage varies but generally iam connected to wifi all day. Bluetooth is off. I have brightness at around 25%, I don't sync anything as i just find it best to check things manually. I also only use 2g unless iam not connected to wifi.

Could this stretch the life of the s6 edge to 6+ hours?

On the z3 i get 9h30mins
    05-15-2015 06:51 PM
    I know usage varies but generally iam connected to wifi all day. Bluetooth is off. I have brightness at around 25%, I don't sync anything as i just find it best to check things manually. I also only use 2g unless iam not connected to wifi.

Could this stretch the life of the s6 edge to 6+ hours?

On the z3 i get 9h30mins
    I highly doubt that you can do that on a consistent basis. I also doubt that the edge can beat the z3's battery. They are both nice but egde to z3 in my opinion isn't worth the upgrade.

05-15-2015 06:55 PM
    I highly doubt that you can do that on a consistent basis. I also doubt that the edge can beat the z3's battery. They are both nice but egde to z3 in my opinion isn't worth the upgrade.

What iam trying to say is that my z3 gives me 9h30mins but i can live with less. I don't need nor expect the s6 edge to last that long but under the same settings it could last 6+hours then id be happy.
    05-15-2015 07:00 PM
    What iam trying to say is that my z3 gives me 9h30mins but i can live with less. I don't need nor expect the s6 edge to last that long but under the same settings it could last 6+hours then id be happy.
    Then yes with everything that you mentioned turned off and turned down I think that you could get the sot that you mentioned.

Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-15-2015 07:11 PM
    Anyone here coming from an iPhone 6? I heard battery life is similar to the iPhone 6 which allegedly has poor battery life but i looked up some user reviews and was very surprised by what ALOT of ppl were getting from they're iPhone 6. More then one person claimed to have got 4.5 hours screen on time with 60% left on the battery. Is the iPhone 6 battery really that good or is the s6 edge battery better?
    05-15-2015 07:15 PM
    Anyone here coming from an iPhone 6? I heard battery life is similar to the iPhone 6 which allegedly has poor battery life but i looked up some user reviews and was very surprised by what ALOT of ppl were getting from they're iPhone 6. More then one person claimed to have got 4.5 hours screen on time with 60% left on the battery. Is the iPhone 6 battery really that good or is the s6 edge battery better?
    I currently have an iPhone 6 and an edge. The edge is slightly better with battery. If I had to guess I would say an extra 30 to 60 minutes a day sot better.

05-15-2015 07:19 PM

I currently have an iPhone 6 and an edge. The edge is slightly better with battery. If I had to guess I would say an extra 30 to 60 minutes a day sot better.

That's interesting. Some of the user reviews of the iPhone 6 battery life are very impressive which admittedly i found odd cause i read elsewhere it was poor.

Is the display on the s6 as amazing as iam hearing it is btw? Lol
    05-15-2015 07:23 PM
    That's interesting. Some of the user reviews of the iPhone 6 battery life are very impressive which admittedly i found odd cause i read elsewhere it was poor.

Is the display on the s6 as amazing as iam hearing it is btw? Lol
    I think the iphone 6 has a pretty good battery. Yes, the edge screen is the best that I have ever seen on any device. It is amazing. I traded my regular s6 in for the edge and think that was a great move.

05-15-2015 07:34 PM
    Here you go, hope this helps you make up your mind. S6 Edge on Verizon. Battery life is a non issue for me, as you can see.

Attached Thumbnails Z3 to s6 edge?-screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-50.jpg   Z3 to s6 edge?-screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-55.jpg   Z3 to s6 edge?-screenshot_2015-04-26-19-10-04.jpg  
    05-15-2015 10:27 PM
    Has anyone tested the whole "10mins charging will get you 4hours battery life" thing? I assume it's 4hours standby?
    05-16-2015 09:56 AM
    Has anyone tested the whole "10mins charging will get you 4hours battery life" thing? I assume it's 4hours standby?
    Yes, 4 hours standby. It's generally accurate. Mine has been a bit funky with connecting to fast charge, but once it does it's about ten mins to get like 15-20 or so % battery life. Give or take.

Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-16-2015 12:39 PM
    I think you'll be very disappointed in the S6 edge, especially if you are looking for 6.5 hours SoT. A few people can get that with almost everything shut down, but real world usage seems to be more like 4-5 hours SoT, with a fair number of people getting far less.
    05-16-2015 09:05 PM
    I think you'll be very disappointed in the S6 edge, especially if you are looking for 6.5 hours SoT. A few people can get that with almost everything shut down, but real world usage seems to be more like 4-5 hours SoT, with a fair number of people getting far less.
    I pretty much didn't have anything shut down when I got the battery life I posted above. Not saying that I get that consistently, though I've gotten that battery life several times since I purchased this phone, but let's just say I get consistently good battery life. Absolutely no problems getting 5 - 6 hours sot with 22+ hours battery life on average. I'd say that's far from disappointing. But to each their own.

05-17-2015 01:01 AM
    I pretty much didn't have anything shut down when I got the battery life I posted above. Not saying that I get that consistently, though I've gotten that battery life several times since I purchased this phone, but let's just say I get consistently good battery life. Absolutely no problems getting 5 - 6 hours sot with 22+ hours battery life on average. I'd say that's far from disappointing. But to each their own.

Sounds decent to me to. I think anything less then 5 hours is disappointing. Somewhere between 5h30 and 6h seems to be average and acceptable. Anything over 6 hours is good and anything over 9 hours is just crazy good (Sony z3)

If i can't get at least 6 hours of sot with tweaks made to brightness, Bluetooth etc then ill possibly just sell the phone but for now iam keen to give it a go and see how it performs for me usage.
    05-17-2015 08:45 AM