I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
So I get about 4 hours of life out of my S6 (edge) daily so I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 245

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I get around three to 3.5 hours of SOT time...probably a tad more since I try not to let it go down to <5%. Overall, anywhere from 13 to 18 hours of use per day depending on what I'm doing.

It's not bad. With wireless charging and quick charge, I have a lot of options for staying charged...this morning for instance, I have used the phone a lot and I'm at 99% because those moments when I'm not using it, it sits on the wireless charging pad.

Still, it pales in comparison to my Sony Z3. Not sure why the Sony was so much better given that it was at least 80% as good, but that extra 20% that I get out of the S6E is worth the compromise.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
People like to complain. This phone will get the overwhelming majority of folks through the day without recharging. Again, the overwhelming majority of folks can charge overnight.

My favorite are the guys that leave their phones unplugged overnight and then freak out if the phone drops 4% while they sleep.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Well today is road trip day so time to really test out it's endurance. 3-4 hours in a car and a 1000 mAH battery. I'll report back at the end of the day.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well today is road trip day so time to really test out it's endurance. 3-4 hours in a car and a 1000 mAH battery. I'll report back at the end of the day.

That's a "test"? No offense but I question credibility of your thread if the answer is yes.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Considering I'm not the one driving and I'll be using it the entire trip I see nothing wrong with that.

Posted via the Galaxy S6 edge

I was just questioning your original statements if you felt using the phone for 3-4 hours was a significant test. I know many owners use their phone for a few phone calls, texts and some moderate browsing but its probably safe to say most of us on here push things a bit more.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I was just questioning your original statements if you felt using the phone for 3-4 hours was a significant test. I know many owners use their phone for a few phone calls, texts and some moderate browsing but its probably safe to say most of us on here push things a bit more.

That's not just 4 hours of the phone being on it's of fairly heavy use, games, Web browsing, text messaging, etc.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Troll more

You make a post like this and I'm trolling? Or do you think I'm trolling because the comment came from an iPhone?

Look at all the posts of users complaining of battery life and other posts where other users are offering tips to improve battery life and then you make a post saying you don't understand. Clearly there is something up with the battery life.

I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes. So horrible.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

So you post screen shots of good battery life and you're in the vocal majority

And

When someone posts screen shots of horrible battery life, they're in the vocal minority.

Got it!!! Good game!!!

There's a reason there's quick charging capabilities, because the battery is horrible.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Or I read battery threads and you happen to be in them all the time. With no S6 or S6 Edge. Commenting like you have first hand knowledge of a phone you don't own.

Dude you were commenting about the device before you had it, when everyone with The T-Mobile version were having battery drain issues.

Sooooo try again, am I not allowed to comment because I don't own the phone.

Some people go based on the reviews from the writers on the site before they but, I go by the experiences of actual users before I buy and it's pretty apparent the battery blows.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Dude you were commenting about the device before you had it, when everyone with The T-Mobile version were having battery drain issues.

Sooooo try again, am I not allowed to comment because I don't own the phone.

Some people go based on the reviews from the writers on the site before they but, I go by the experiences of actual users before I buy and it's pretty apparent the battery blows.

You're getting really defensive for no reason. I never said you're not allowed to comment about the battery, but expect people who have the phone to disagree if they're not getting bad battery life. I never said I was in the "vocal majority", either. This entire site isn't the vocal majority. I just find it amusing that you're so quick to say the battery "blows" because other people tell you it does. They told me it blows, too, but I don't think anyone would cry if they were getting the battery life I'm getting. You should settle down, though. You're taking this awfully personal for someone who doesn't even own the phone in question.

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm more than satisfied with my battery life. I came from the HTC One m7,and I had to charge it just about every day at work. Since I got the S6 I can go all day without changing. So for me it's an upgrade.