I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been getting better and better for the past 3 days, only thing different is that I got rid of my previous weather widget that I was using for the past 2 years and set Xwidgets with a Custom Made widget that looks very close to Original S6 Weather widget, this to work with third party launchers like Nova and others,

Surprisingly, the first day I got an average of 8 hours of SoT, this with more than 3 hours of Bluetooth and Android wear use, that I previously mentioned that I can see about 1 hour less of SoT when using my Android Wear all day. Yesterday, a regular working day for me with full day of Android wear, where I was averaging 5.5 hours of SoT, yesterday I had 7 hours, and today, I stayed at home, so I haven't used my Android Wear but I've been using the phone a lot, I have 89% left, unplugged 4 hours ago with 1 hour of SoT, that average for an insane of at least 8 plus hours.

Until I got the S6 edge, my best overall phone ever was the Sony Xperia Z3, now it is the S6 edge, overall, but I know that the best battery life was from the Z3, now, surprisingly, my S6 edge is been giving me battery life very close to what I got with the Z3, but the Z3 has a 3100 mAh battery on a Full HD screen, that tells you a lot and it's simply amazing.

Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-46-08.png
Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-46-18.png

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I get about 4 hours of life out of my S6 (edge) daily so I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

I would assume it is due to their device not hitting 4 hours of SoT --- Remember just because you're getting it doesn't mean they are :).

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
the concerning part is there's so much inconsistency from user to user. if I was getting less than 4 hours I'd voice my frustration, and if I was getting 6+ I'd be singing its praises.

my s4 gets a little over 5 SOT since the LP update (on a 12 month old battery), so the fact that 3 years later the battery is more or less the same, is a bit of a letdown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-18-21-51-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-18-21-51-23.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 41

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
the concerning part is there's so much inconsistency from user to user. if I was getting less than 4 hours I'd voice my frustration, and if I was getting 6+ I'd be singing its praises.

my s4 gets a little over 5 SOT since the LP update (on a 12 month old battery), so the fact that 3 years later the battery is more or less the same, is a bit of a letdown.

Well consider how much more powerful the S6 is, how many more pixels it has to push, and the size of the battery (2600 vs 2600). The fact it can be comparable or better than the S4 is pretty damn good in that regard.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been decent, but the past couple of days since the AT&T update it has gotten a lot worse. Today I had 8.5 hours since it had been unplugged, 30min of SOT, and my battery was at 18%. I talked to AT&T and all they said was they're shipping me a replacement device. They didn't ask me if I had troubleshot anything. I hope the replacement is better. I don't have a car charger (bad me, I know but I have never needed one before!).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This will be my last post about it, but like I've mentioned already since I switched to the Xwidget and the widget similar to the original weather widget, I've been getting incredible battery life, very similar to the Xperia Z3, that for me, has the best battery life on any Android device right now.

Before I was getting 5.5 - 6 hours of SoT on weekdays with my Android wear and Bluetooth connected basically all day, and 6.25 - 6.5 hours on weekends, where I just use the Android wear 3 or 4 hours at most. Now for 3 days in a row is been getting, 8.25 on Sunday, about 7 hours yesterday and today 7.5 hours of SoT on average, as you can see in the screen shots below, same settings and usage than the previous 40 days since I got the phone, again, only thing changed has been replacing the weather widget, so what about some of you trying this to see if you have the same results. If you are interested check the threads about the weather widgets.

Screenshot_2015-05-19-21-54-26.png
Screenshot_2015-05-19-21-54-36.png

koreaa30

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone do a battery calibration when they first got the phone or just not let the phone get a certain percentage? My battery life has been getting worse lately. Idk why. Barely get 2 hours of on screen when I've dome everything to improve the battery life.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't complain about my battery life experience. I don't use wireless charging, I plug it into the charger before I go to sleep, usually 12am. At that time I have about 40% left. I wake up in the morning at 7am and unplug it. Loving this phone in general, can't fault anything about it. I usually go to Action Launcher 3 as my default launcher, but TW feels right on this phone it's the whole package.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I dont agree when people just flat out say its terrible its down to circumstance and more often than not

fault phones.

my s6 same setup as my s4 didnt bother turning everything off blah blah blah far FAR outlasts that phone its been amazing to me, with my normal medium useage I can easily go several days between charges (i more often plug it in at night out of habit) but im only losing around 20% per day

if your phones being **** poor instead of complaining just get it swapped

chekole

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I had a good experience with battery life when I bought this phone. Right from the box I was getting 24 hours with up to 4 SOT. Then I turned off the location services and it when up to 30 hours. I was amazed because by the end of my day I still had 40%.

Now after the AT&T update 5.0.2 everything is bs. I can't get more than 13 hours and 2 SOT. It really sucks. I already deactivated location services, background data for a few apps, main use of data for other apps, traffic when not on wifi, deactivated some AT&T apps, etc.

But it looks like the problem is not on my apps, It looks like it's somewhere within Android services. Looks at my screen shots please, the main reason for battery drain seems to be Android System.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-16.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-49.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-20-02-45-06.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 31

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I had a good experience with battery life when I bought this phone. Right from the box I was getting 24 hours with up to 4 SOT. Then I turned off the location services and it when up to 30 hours. I was amazed because by the end of my day I still had 40%.

Now after the AT&T update 5.0.2 everything is bs. I can't get more than 13 hours and 2 SOT. It really sucks. I already deactivated location services, background data for a few apps, main use of data for other apps, traffic when not on wifi, deactivated some AT&T apps, etc.

But it looks like the problem is not on my apps, It looks like it's somewhere within Android services. Looks at my screen shots please, the main reason for battery drain seems to be Android System.

After the update, did you wipe the cache partition? if not, just go to Recovery Menu (Power off, press and hold power, home and Volume up buttons until you see the Android robot and let it go) then do a Wipe cache Partition and after that a full charge cycle and see if it gets better.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been decent, but the past couple of days since the AT&T update it has gotten a lot worse. Today I had 8.5 hours since it had been unplugged, 30min of SOT, and my battery was at 18%. I talked to AT&T and all they said was they're shipping me a replacement device. They didn't ask me if I had troubleshot anything. I hope the replacement is better. I don't have a car charger (bad me, I know but I have never needed one before!).

And what phone did you own where you figure a car charger is not a good thing I have a gs6 edge and a note 4 edge and still when I'm in the car top off my battery

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
And what phone did you own where you figure a car charger is not a good thing I have a gs6 edge and a note 4 edge and still when I'm in the car top off my battery

....for any of my previous phones I've never used/needed one. All of my phones have made it through the work day with plenty of battery left. I don't feel the need to make sure my phone is at 100% all of the time. And I had spare batteries for all phones before the s6 edge. Except for the iphone of course.

chekole

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After the update, did you wipe the cache partition? if not, just go to Recovery Menu (Power off, press and hold power, home and Volume up buttons until you see the Android robot and let it go) then do a Wipe cache Partition and after that a full charge cycle and see if it gets better.

It looks like that was the problem thank you so much. I wiped my cache partition and I really enabled my default AT&T trash apps (I'm not sure if that had an effect too) and now I've been getting up to 30 hours again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-21-09-00-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-21-09-00-34.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 30

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that i have been more then happy with the battery life. I tend to average around 7 - 8 hours screen on time (obviously i have made a lot of tweaks to get that) but for me personally the tweaks i made suit my usage :) In fact, I had my z3 set up exactly the same way and the battery was only marginally better then what iam getting now which is amazing given that samsung are using a much smaller battery then the z3!

I have no idea if slow charging the phone (wirelessly) helps with battery life but yesterday i used the wireless pad for the first time to charge the phone which took a lot longer to charge then the fast charging does but today the battery life has been even better then before! I think these stats are amazing considering the size of the battery in the s6 edge ........

Screenshot_2015-05-23-23-45-42.jpgScreenshot_2015-05-23-23-49-17.jpg

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
It looks like that was the problem thank you so much. I wiped my cache partition and I really enabled my default AT&T trash apps (I'm not sure if that had an effect too) and now I've been getting up to 30 hours again.

This makes me wonder why Samsung doesn't automatically wipe the cache partition after any update as part of the reboot - such an exceedingly simple thing to add into the programming with enormous benefit. It's these small, simple things that make an enormous difference to the vast majority of users who won't come to this Forum to seek help after an 'update' but instead will suffer with a host of battery life and other issues until the end of the ownership of their phone because of an update pushed to them automatically.

cruz allen

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's mine. Gets me through the day with what I consider moderate usage and has some to spare. Good cell service and WiFi at home. Korean S6 edge. Not quite as good as my note4 but not far off.

Attachments

• 4804.jpg
    4804.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 4803.jpg
    4803.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 46

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have am s6 edge I love this phone.
I can get a day and a half on the battery. I've never had an issue. But I have location turned off and I use power save at 50%.
Some days it dies quicker than others but overall after a 12 hour day of heavy usage I still have about 40% left. If it's light usage I can get a day and a half.

♡ Live life to the fullest ♡

jyinger

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So is mine. It is now midnight, and the phone has been on since 6am. Currently 73% charge still left. I could easily go two days. I use the phone, camera, show photos, email. But I try to keep most of the apps that drain battery off, or to a minimum. I do leave Bluetooh on all day, since I drive a lot. And WiFi is on when I'm at home.

I love this phone (GS6edge). I can't imagine what so many people are whining about.