05-26-2015 03:00 AM
40 12
tools
    So I get about 4 hours of life out of my S6 (edge) daily so I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.-202.jpg  
    05-18-2015 05:10 AM
    I get around three to 3.5 hours of SOT time...probably a tad more since I try not to let it go down to <5%. Overall, anywhere from 13 to 18 hours of use per day depending on what I'm doing.

It's not bad. With wireless charging and quick charge, I have a lot of options for staying charged...this morning for instance, I have used the phone a lot and I'm at 99% because those moments when I'm not using it, it sits on the wireless charging pad.

Still, it pales in comparison to my Sony Z3. Not sure why the Sony was so much better given that it was at least 80% as good, but that extra 20% that I get out of the S6E is worth the compromise.
    05-18-2015 11:31 AM
    People like to complain. This phone will get the overwhelming majority of folks through the day without recharging. Again, the overwhelming majority of folks can charge overnight.

My favorite are the guys that leave their phones unplugged overnight and then freak out if the phone drops 4% while they sleep.
    Bodrul likes this.
    05-18-2015 11:35 AM
    Well today is road trip day so time to really test out it's endurance. 3-4 hours in a car and a 1000 mAH battery. I'll report back at the end of the day.

05-18-2015 12:42 PM
    Well today is road trip day so time to really test out it's endurance. 3-4 hours in a car and a 1000 mAH battery. I'll report back at the end of the day.

That's a "test"? No offense but I question credibility of your thread if the answer is yes.

05-18-2015 01:20 PM
    That's a "test"? No offense but I question credibility of your thread if the answer is yes.

Considering I'm not the one driving and I'll be using it the entire trip I see nothing wrong with that.

Posted via the Galaxy S6 edge
    05-18-2015 01:35 PM
    Considering I'm not the one driving and I'll be using it the entire trip I see nothing wrong with that.

I was just questioning your original statements if you felt using the phone for 3-4 hours was a significant test. I know many owners use their phone for a few phone calls, texts and some moderate browsing but its probably safe to say most of us on here push things a bit more.

05-18-2015 02:04 PM
    I was just questioning your original statements if you felt using the phone for 3-4 hours was a significant test. I know many owners use their phone for a few phone calls, texts and some moderate browsing but its probably safe to say most of us on here push things a bit more.

That's not just 4 hours of the phone being on it's of fairly heavy use, games, Web browsing, text messaging, etc.

05-18-2015 04:15 PM
    They're complaining because it's horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-18-2015 10:48 PM
    My battery life is great
    05-18-2015 11:20 PM

Troll more

05-18-2015 11:21 PM
    Troll more

So everyone has to agree that the battery life is good?

05-19-2015 07:50 AM
    Troll more

You make a post like this and I'm trolling? Or do you think I'm trolling because the comment came from an iPhone?

Look at all the posts of users complaining of battery life and other posts where other users are offering tips to improve battery life and then you make a post saying you don't understand. Clearly there is something up with the battery life.

I dunno

05-19-2015 07:51 AM

Oh yes. So horrible.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    Attached Thumbnails I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.-508.jpg   I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.-509.jpg  
    Mdbills484 likes this.
    05-19-2015 07:57 AM
    Oh yes. So horrible.

Wow you're clearly stalking me.

05-19-2015 07:58 AM
    Wow you're clearly stalking me.

Or I read battery threads and you happen to be in them all the time. With no S6 or S6 Edge. Commenting like you have first hand knowledge of a phone you don't own.

05-19-2015 08:04 AM
    Oh yes. So horrible.

So you post screen shots of good battery life and you're in the vocal majority

And

When someone posts screen shots of horrible battery life, they're in the vocal minority.

Got it!!! Good game!!!

There's a reason there's quick charging capabilities, because the battery is horrible.

05-19-2015 08:04 AM
    Or I read battery threads and you happen to be in them all the time. With no S6 or S6 Edge. Commenting like you have first hand knowledge of a phone you don't own.

Dude you were commenting about the device before you had it, when everyone with The T-Mobile version were having battery drain issues.

Sooooo try again, am I not allowed to comment because I don't own the phone.

Some people go based on the reviews from the writers on the site before they but, I go by the experiences of actual users before I buy and it's pretty apparent the battery blows.

05-19-2015 08:07 AM
    Dude you were commenting about the device before you had it, when everyone with The T-Mobile version were having battery drain issues.

Sooooo try again, am I not allowed to comment because I don't own the phone.

Some people go based on the reviews from the writers on the site before they but, I go by the experiences of actual users before I buy and it's pretty apparent the battery blows.

You're getting really defensive for no reason. I never said you're not allowed to comment about the battery, but expect people who have the phone to disagree if they're not getting bad battery life. I never said I was in the "vocal majority", either. This entire site isn't the vocal majority. I just find it amusing that you're so quick to say the battery "blows" because other people tell you it does. They told me it blows, too, but I don't think anyone would cry if they were getting the battery life I'm getting. You should settle down, though. You're taking this awfully personal for someone who doesn't even own the phone in question.

05-19-2015 09:38 AM
    I'm more than satisfied with my battery life. I came from the HTC One m7,and I had to charge it just about every day at work. Since I got the S6 I can go all day without changing. So for me it's an upgrade.

05-19-2015 09:41 AM
    Mine has been getting better and better for the past 3 days, only thing different is that I got rid of my previous weather widget that I was using for the past 2 years and set Xwidgets with a Custom Made widget that looks very close to Original S6 Weather widget, this to work with third party launchers like Nova and others,

Surprisingly, the first day I got an average of 8 hours of SoT, this with more than 3 hours of Bluetooth and Android wear use, that I previously mentioned that I can see about 1 hour less of SoT when using my Android Wear all day. Yesterday, a regular working day for me with full day of Android wear, where I was averaging 5.5 hours of SoT, yesterday I had 7 hours, and today, I stayed at home, so I haven't used my Android Wear but I've been using the phone a lot, I have 89% left, unplugged 4 hours ago with 1 hour of SoT, that average for an insane of at least 8 plus hours.

Until I got the S6 edge, my best overall phone ever was the Sony Xperia Z3, now it is the S6 edge, overall, but I know that the best battery life was from the Z3, now, surprisingly, my S6 edge is been giving me battery life very close to what I got with the Z3, but the Z3 has a 3100 mAh battery on a Full HD screen, that tells you a lot and it's simply amazing.

05-19-2015 10:12 AM
    So I get about 4 hours of life out of my S6 (edge) daily so I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about the battery life.

I would assume it is due to their device not hitting 4 hours of SoT --- Remember just because you're getting it doesn't mean they are .
    05-19-2015 10:21 AM
    the concerning part is there's so much inconsistency from user to user. if I was getting less than 4 hours I'd voice my frustration, and if I was getting 6+ I'd be singing its praises.

my s4 gets a little over 5 SOT since the LP update (on a 12 month old battery), so the fact that 3 years later the battery is more or less the same, is a bit of a letdown.

Attached Thumbnails I'm not to sure why everyone is complaining about battery life.-screenshot_2015-05-18-21-51-23.jpg  
    05-19-2015 10:54 AM
    the concerning part is there's so much inconsistency from user to user. if I was getting less than 4 hours I'd voice my frustration, and if I was getting 6+ I'd be singing its praises.

my s4 gets a little over 5 SOT since the LP update (on a 12 month old battery), so the fact that 3 years later the battery is more or less the same, is a bit of a letdown.

Well consider how much more powerful the S6 is, how many more pixels it has to push, and the size of the battery (2600 vs 2600). The fact it can be comparable or better than the S4 is pretty damn good in that regard.

05-19-2015 11:43 AM
    My battery life has been decent, but the past couple of days since the AT&T update it has gotten a lot worse. Today I had 8.5 hours since it had been unplugged, 30min of SOT, and my battery was at 18%. I talked to AT&T and all they said was they're shipping me a replacement device. They didn't ask me if I had troubleshot anything. I hope the replacement is better. I don't have a car charger (bad me, I know but I have never needed one before!).
    05-19-2015 06:57 PM
40 12