Where are my images saving if not showing in gallery

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to save picture messages from my default Samsung text messaging app and Google Chrome and they aren't showing in my album.. Instead going to download folder and once they are their I can't even share them. I got to screen shot It.. This wasn't happening before

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where are mms images saved

Try the download folder, although I think they do get saved to the DCIM folder and probably the gallery app just isn't refreshing or indexing the saved files.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Not completely when I save pics for Google Chrome they are not saving in gallery they go to. My download folder and I can't even save them..

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Not completely when I save pics for Google Chrome they are not saving in gallery they go to. My download folder and I can't even save them..

How can you not save them if they're going to your download folder? If they're in that folder you can move them to where you want them with a file manager.

If these are photos from a Google image search, you may need to tap the three dot menu button, and select "view in page". Once the image reloads, you can long press and save it to your downloads folder.

kattalyne

May 4, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What app are you using to save the images?

When I use the Google Quick Search Bar, do my search, switch to Image Search, long tap on the image and select download, the notification says it downloads, but it is not in my DCIM folder, my Gallery, or any where that I can find easily. This only happens when I save from the image search using the Google Quick Search bar.

I am using a Verizon Samsung S9plus on Android Version 8.0.0/Samsung Experience Version 9.0/Kernel Version 4.9.65

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're using the Google app to download an image from the image search, it saves the image file to the /documents directory, which is actually a protected system directory (and therefore means you can't access it directly using a file manager). You can Share the image to your Google Drive instead, after which you could manipulate it in whatever way you want.

I suggest doing the search on Chrome instead. It works the same way, and the image you download will be saved to the /Download directory, which is user-accessible. I have no idea why Google does this.:-\

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
When I use the Google Quick Search Bar, do my search, switch to Image Search, long tap on the image and select download, the notification says it downloads, but it is not in my DCIM folder, my Gallery, or any where that I can find easily. This only happens when I save from the image search using the Google Quick Search bar.

I am using a Verizon Samsung S9plus on Android Version 8.0.0/Samsung Experience Version 9.0/Kernel Version 4.9.65

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. TYIA
Welcome to the forums. Saving pictures from the Google app can be tricky sometimes. You can save them inside the the app from the search screen, but if you want to see the picture from the gallery sometimes you need a few more steps. Select the picture, open (visit) the page where it's included and then long press to download it.