Slow charging in car

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
So when I first got my phone in the car it use to charge fast Np but now I will be on the road got over 30 mins trying to get my phone from 94 to 100 and it doesn't seem to want to go up I use the original Samsung charger cable I haven't changed my car adapter but when I charge it at home using the fast charger adapter it changes fine but in my car it doesn't seem to charge it shows charging but it shows 20 plus mins to get from 94 to 100 their is something not eight what can I do..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this sounds like a hardware problem with either the cable, the car charger, or your car DC port (the lighter). Have you tried the same charger/cable in another device? If it works, might just be the phone's USB port, but I doubt it since you seem to be able to use QuickCharging with the same cable.
If you use a different car charger, same cable, does it charge fast or slow?

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes actually my cousins Samsung s3 which it actually didnt want to charge his phone so you think it might just be my car USB charger dying.. Because at home I have no people with it charging..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if the charger won't work on another phone I'd check the car charger. Do you have any other car charger you could test?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it was because I was streaming music but when I charged it in my Murano it was very slow.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're using a 2A charger, it should charge pretty fast, even while streaming. The only thing that would slow it down, provided the charger and cable and port are OK, is if you keep the screen on all the time (like while Navigating).

Tepes Bogdan

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody
Seems to be like I have the same problem with my S6
I`ve tried different cables,charger and another car,,and still have the same issue (slow charging). I'm using my phone as a GPS
Yesterday I was in a phone shop to buy a official car chager and when I plugged it into my phone,my phone got freeze.Unplug and works fine but is not charging normally

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams