Problem with Pandora?

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I've read other threads with this issue but have found no solution. Pandora stops playing after the phone goes to sleep. I've uninstalled and reinstalled pandora. I've unchecked the option in pandora to conserve battery. I have no battery saver apps on the device. Background data and wifi is continuously on. Does anyone else know why this could be happening and how to fix it?:confused:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you using an app killer or something like that to save battery? It could be killing the app once the phone locks.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you using an app killer or something like that to save battery? It could be killing the app once the phone locks.

No I don't have anything like that. I got my wife the exact same phone and Pandora is about the only app she's downloaded. She gets the same issue. Wow it's really frustrating.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I figured it out. Went to settings, apps, app manager, pandora, clear data. That seems to have done it! Sheesh I was pulling my hair out all day for that one.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've read other threads with this issue but have found no solution. Pandora stops playing after the phone goes to sleep. I've uninstalled and reinstalled pandora. I've unchecked the option in pandora to conserve battery. I have no battery saver apps on the device. Background data and wifi is continuously on. Does anyone else know why this could be happening and how to fix it?:confused:

I think I figured it out. Went to settings, apps, app manager, pandora, clear data. That seems to have done it! Sheesh I was pulling my hair out all day for that one.

I started this on another thread and have been having the same problem! Will report back if it doesn't work. Please let me know if it starts acting up again.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I started this on another thread and have been having the same problem! Will report back if it doesn't work. Please let me know if it starts acting up again.

Well, that fix lasted for one day and it's acting up again. Went and cleared the data and and it worked for another few hours and now is actually just stopping/pausing in the middle of a song. Very strange and frustrating. I'm not sure if it's lollipop or the phone but I have other apps acting buggy as well. The native browser crashes and so I ditched that for chrome. I can't get rid of the annoying bubble zoom when I click on a link so that's pretty sucky too. My phone dialer will sometimes not let a call go out. I dial out and it just says call not sent, then I have to redial. It doesn't happen a lot but at least a dozen times in the last 100+ calls. I use this for work so I use the dialer all day. Been using the ring central app now too but the native dialer still rings in when I'm on the line and is really intrusive. Coming from the HTC One M8 the ring central app worked seamlessly with the native dialer. So anyway all of that tells me it's not Pandora per say. Occasionally the screen does go to sleep much quicker than I have it set for which is 30 seconds. I tried to turn of some of the gesture and face recognition settings to see if that helps but so far it hasn't. Kinda bummed with the issues after coming from a device that worked perfect but just had a cracked screen. I should have known better to choose beauty over personality!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I tried it but it still stops playing after each song when I turn my screen off. Anyone else have an idea how to fix this? it's super annoying!

Also, GsusReigns... here is the link I started weeks ago on the matter. Someone has to be able to know what it is... it's like the phone is going into deep sleep mode.. BUT the weird thing is that I am now using the MILK app and it works and keeps playing with my screen off! I even use Spotify and it keeps playing... it only seems to be Pandora so I don't see how it's the phone... I think it's the app! I am so lost! here is the link I started.. no help thus far on a fix...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/520222-pandora-stopping-after-each-song.html

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I just tried. 1st time using Pandora on the device. Played a song, listened to it with the screen on, then 1 minute prior to it ending manually turned the display off. Song went off, and the next started playing with no issue. I did this all over 4G/LTE.

Just to be certain, are you listening over WiFi, and do you have the WiFi setting for 'Keep WiFi On During Sleep' set on? (I think the OP mentioned his was - not sure about you.)

The only other thing I can think of would be to just remove Pandora completely and reinstall it. As far as I can tell, I'm running version 6.0, from Google Play and not the Amazon App Store.

-# Cheers! #-

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I tried it but it still stops playing after each song when I turn my screen off. Anyone else have an idea how to fix this? it's super annoying!

Also, GsusReigns... here is the link I started weeks ago on the matter. Someone has to be able to know what it is... it's like the phone is going into deep sleep mode.. BUT the weird thing is that I am now using the MILK app and it works and keeps playing with my screen off! I even use Spotify and it keeps playing... it only seems to be Pandora so I don't see how it's the phone... I think it's the app! I am so lost! here is the link I started.. no help thus far on a fix...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/520222-pandora-stopping-after-each-song.html

Interesting. I'll try the Milk app as I haven't checked it out yet. I just signed up for Pandora One a few weeks ago though so I want my Pandora! I'm going to call them and see if they have a known issue with lollipop or something.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I just tried. 1st time using Pandora on the device. Played a song, listened to it with the screen on, then 1 minute prior to it ending manually turned the display off. Song went off, and the next started playing with no issue. I did this all over 4G/LTE.

Just to be certain, are you listening over WiFi, and do you have the WiFi setting for 'Keep WiFi On During Sleep' set on? (I think the OP mentioned his was - not sure about you.)

The only other thing I can think of would be to just remove Pandora completely and reinstall it. As far as I can tell, I'm running version 6.0, from Google Play and not the Amazon App Store.

-# Cheers! #-

Yes I'm running off the wi-fi and did check the setting to keep wifi on during sleep a few days ago. I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the google play store. Thanks though!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

-# Cheers! #-

that's weird it's working for you. I did uninstall and reinstall.. still doesn't work. I checked my WIFI and it's always on during sleep. Any other idea's Thanks again! Someone out here has to know! lol.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
that's weird it's working for you. I did uninstall and reinstall.. still doesn't work. I checked my WIFI and it's always on during sleep. Any other idea's Thanks again! Someone out here has to know! lol.

Apparently you can't call pandora so I sent them a detailed email. We'll see if they reply. Will keep posted...

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine works perfectly fine. Whether streaming to my car, Bluetooth headphone, or out the loud speaker. This is over WiFi or 4G. On T mobile network.

Posted via the Android Central App

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine does not have that problem that you guys have, however it does pause the song when I press the home button. Than I have to press play again and everything is fine after that.

Posted via the Android Central App

buckeyedeb18

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I've tried everything. I don't have an app killer or battery saver. I've tried clearing the data from pandora. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no matter what I do I can't get it to play continuously.

Anyone have any other thoughts or options on this?

Charles Norris1

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Your post is almost a year old so either you discovered the problem or use another app, I assume.
After installing the Marshmallow upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Pandora wouldn't run, sometimes got "Waiting for service" msg.
What worked for me was disabling Power saving mode.
I always have the battery icon displayed in the Notification settings/status area and the top 'bar', don't recall what I used with Lollipop.

Jenny A

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to say you are a genius. I have been having problems with pandora since updating to marshmallow, and have tried everything I can think of. This worked right away and I would never have thought that was the problem. So thank you for taking the time to write your response :)

sns073194

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Your post is almost a year old so either you discovered the problem or use another app, I assume.
After installing the Marshmallow upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Pandora wouldn't run, sometimes got "Waiting for service" msg.
What worked for me was disabling Power saving mode.
I always have the battery icon displayed in the Notification settings/status area and the top 'bar', don't recall what I used with Lollipop.

You are the absolute best person in the world!! Couldn't figure this out after upgrading to Marshmallow and it was driving me insane.
Does anyone happen to know of a way to have power save mode on and make an exception for Pandora?

Thanks again, Charles!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670