S6 Edge Cached Data?

Titans24

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I recently just purchased an S6 Edge and switched over from an iPhone 5.
I was going to go with the 64gb variant but I figured I could make do with 32 along with the cloud storage they provide me. However, when I go into the storage, my "Cached Data" is approximately 5gb.
I've googled it and people say it's just to help my phone remember things so it can access them quickly.
If I was to delete the cached data, would all my messages/emails/photos/etc stay the same or will anything be altered in terms of personal/game data?
ThanksScreenshot_2015-05-20-16-55-32.jpg
I've posted a screenshot as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No. Cached data normally becomes useless when you close the app that cached it. If it were 5MB, I'd say ignore it. But 5GB? If that were my phone, I'd tap "Cached data", then clear it. I currently have 86MB of cached data on my 18 month old phone, and I consider that too much (and I'll clear it in a moment - it's not that I don't have enough free space, I have over 13GB free, but there's no reason for a phone just sitting on the home page to have over 80MB of cached data).

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've got 4GB of cached data. No idea what it is.

Its nothing to do with game saves is it?

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I think I've never seen that much of cached data on a phone, so I really don't know what be going on yours but anyways, knowing that you already had that issue I'd clear that and keep an eye on it once a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non