Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Cracked

susiegtx

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Galaxy 6 edge on April 10th at Best Buy. I bought a cheap case at first because that is all they had. So next week feeling uneasy with such a cheap case, I went in to get better case and screen protector. I went to the Samsung counter thinking they would now best ones to get and the Samsung Salesman told me that I did not need a case or screen protector because these phones are indestructible! He said it would be a huge wasted of money and not needed. I questioned it several times and he started ranting about taking a hammer to it and dropping it in the parking lot several times. So against my better judgement I believed him. Well low and behold what do you think happened? The next week I dropped it from my chair at work, probably about 1.5 feet off the ground the entire edge is cracked. I took it back and because it was over 30 days, Geek Squad wanted to charge me $150 to repair, or advised I speak to Samsung rep in store. That guy took my name and number and said he would have someone contact me, no one ever did. So today I went back to Best Buy and store manager gave me number to call. I spent and hour with Samsung CS arguing that their employee advised me NOT to get a case and they should make it right. Their only offer is a discount on the repair from $250 to $97. I am so mad! I have had 3 Galaxy's and never had a screen break, but I also had covers on them and that is the reason I asked for one! So based on bogus information given by Samsung employee, I now have to pay to get it fixed plus deal with not having a phone for awhile if i decide to do it. I paid enough for the phone already! I am smart enough to know that just about anything with a curve could have weak spots, I should of listened to my gut! I wonder if anyone else having same issue??

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Phones break if dropped. Some people get lucky .. others break on the first drop. You should always get a case if you're worried about hurting your phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd accept the $97 repair (it's not right, but it's the best deal financially and realistically - having it replaced in the store while you wait - which is what they should do - isn't going to happen), then I'd buy an armor-type case. (I personally wouldn't buy a phone that Otterbox doesn't make a Defender case for - I've had a few accidents that would have destroyed a naked phone, but the Defender didn't even get dirty.)

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'd accept the $97 repair (it's not right, but it's the best deal financially and realistically - having it replaced in the store while you wait - which is what they should do - isn't going to happen), then I'd buy an armor-type case. (I personally wouldn't buy a phone that Otterbox doesn't make a Defender case for - I've had a few accidents that would have destroyed a naked phone, but the Defender didn't even get dirty.)

Absolutely. ^^^... what Rukbat said

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are prone to drops I would recommend the ballistic tough jacket which is currently $17, be sure to pick the ships and sold by Amazon. Rated for 6 foot drop.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TQ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4438590

The Ballistic Urbanite is another option

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TQ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4438590

The Trident Kraken ams is also an excellent case for drop protection

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4438590

Only buy when shipped and sold by Amazon

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also if a rep makes such claims ask in writing that Samsung would replace it free if it broke from a drop. I can guarantee that they won't. I have had salesmen tell me all kinds of things when trying to make a sale.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What's weird is that OP had already bought the phone, and the salesperson was trying not to make a sale on the case. Which is especially weird because based on how hard cell sales people push accessories I think they make a good commission on those.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would take the repair bill back to the sales rep and tell him to pay it. After all he said it was indestructible when in fact nothing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze