Am I the only one with horrible scrolling on things like facebook and the playstore? It hesitates, jumps, sputters, and lags. My original edge (that I returned for overheating issues) didn't do this. But on this phone it's driving me nuts. I've tried clearing the cache in recovery mode and turning off java (I read that somewhere) but nothing helps. I feel like it's gotten worse since my fourteen days were up (of course). Help?
    05-21-2015 07:44 AM
    Is Power Saving mode on? That can reduce fps, I think.
    05-21-2015 10:43 AM
    Is Power Saving mode on? That can reduce fps, I think.
    Nope!
    05-21-2015 11:15 AM
    Hm not sure. I would clear the cache on those apps -- and worse case I would factory reset. I don't have an issue with scrolling on the phone.
    05-21-2015 11:28 AM
    Disable the flipboard panel on the homescreen then disable the Amazon app that comes with the phone. Makes a big difference

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2015 11:42 AM
    Disable the flipboard panel on the homescreen then disable the Amazon app that comes with the phone. Makes a big difference

Thanks, that's done already as well. Keep 'em coming, folks!

It's particularly bad on Facebook. Anyone else noticing this on facebook?
    05-21-2015 12:02 PM
    Iam getting this also! It seems to only be when iam web browsing.I thought i was experiencing it on facebook also but iam not so sure . Facebook seems to be ok now! Its not that bothersome but it doesnt feel as smooth and as fast as it should!
    05-21-2015 12:30 PM
    You prob have the memory leak issue that a lot of these phones have. Mine does it too.

05-21-2015 01:39 PM
    Doesn't 5.1 fix the memory leak when that comes out?

05-21-2015 02:48 PM

Supposedly

05-21-2015 02:52 PM

Supposed to, yep.
    05-21-2015 03:49 PM
    OK Clearing the cache on those apps, and closing a bunch of open browser windows seemed to help. But it's still not like buttah, like it should be...
    05-21-2015 04:41 PM
    Yea I have the same jagged scrolling on my edge too.

05-21-2015 07:08 PM
    Thanks, that's done already as well. Keep 'em coming, folks!

It's particularly bad on Facebook. Anyone else noticing this on facebook?
    Yes - Facebook is the worst...Twitter not so great as well . Chrome too. I think it has to do with the phone memory bug and will hopefully be fixed for the rest of us with the update that AT&T just got.
    05-21-2015 09:28 PM
    How do you clean the cache on the edge

05-22-2015 08:13 AM
    How do you clean the cache on the edge

Turn off the phone. Hold volume up, home button and power all together. Let go when phone powers on, this will take you into recovery where you can wipe the cache partition. Then reboot it.
    05-22-2015 08:53 AM
    Yes - Facebook is the worst...Twitter not so great as well . Chrome too. I think it has to do with the phone memory bug and will hopefully be fixed for the rest of us with the update that AT&T just got.
    Ah Techno-guy, I remember discussing this with you weeks ago, when I had my original phone that overheated, but didn't have this awful scrolling lag. I went through three other replacement phones before I stuck with this one, that I bought from the local t mobile store. I swear, it seems like every single one of these phones has something wrong with it. Frustrating. But this lag should be fixable, and hopefully it does get fixed with an update, as you said. I will be scared to update, though, because my previous experience with t mobile is that their updates fix one thing, but then break something else...
    05-22-2015 10:24 AM
    Ah Techno-guy, I remember discussing this with you weeks ago, when I had my original phone that overheated, but didn't have this awful scrolling lag. I went through three other replacement phones before I stuck with this one, that I bought from the local t mobile store. I swear, it seems like every single one of these phones has something wrong with it. Frustrating. But this lag should be fixable, and hopefully it does get fixed with an update, as you said. I will be scared to update, though, because my previous experience with t mobile is that their updates fix one thing, but then break something else...
    Sorry you've been through so much trouble with these S6's! It's why I've kept my original S6 from the T-Mobile pre-release.

Not thrilled with my Cell Standby drain but I feel fortunate I got an S6 that didn't have the orientation problem, screen bleeding, lose home button, etc. I think that Cell Standby and scrolling lag are clearly software related and hold out hope every day that T-Mobile releases a software fix so we can all go on enjoying what is otherwise a fantastic phone, but they need to take care of this soon - it's been almost 2 months now!

Scrolling lag was somewhat fixed by turning off animation in Developer Settings but then it caused some weird issues with the top pull-down menu and other screen transitions so I couldn't live with it in the long-run but you may want to try that as a possible solution.
    05-22-2015 10:52 AM
    Just found your post go ogling for an answer as scrolling on my one day old S6 driving me crazy.
    I thought something was wrong but sure it wasn't like this before I uploaded everything. Software fault /in compatability ??
    If you find an answer please let me know someone. ... tempted to pick up a hammer 😢😢😢
    08-01-2015 06:21 PM
    My S6 upgraded with the last firmware (relesed on 18th august) has the same bad performances scrolling... everywhere. Contacts, applications menù, playstore.... everywhere. A lot of micro stuttering.
    And when I make a video, or simply look at the display while i'm using the camera: it stutters! You can see some exemple here:
    youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA
    youtu.be/cCsTw9a4EbI
    youtu.be/fZJ9xaa-Hw4
    youtu.be/pN241Xx1ICc
    youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA

Someone else has the same problems?

P.S. I beg your pardon for my bad english! :-|
    09-10-2015 06:05 AM
    My S6 upgraded with the last firmware (relesed on 18th august) has the same bad performances scrolling... everywhere. Contacts, applications menù, playstore.... everywhere. A lot of micro stuttering.
    And when I make a video, or simply look at the display while i'm using the camera: it stutters! You can see some exemple here:
    youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA
    youtu.be/cCsTw9a4EbI
    youtu.be/fZJ9xaa-Hw4
    youtu.be/pN241Xx1ICc
    youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA

Someone else has the same problems?

P.S. I beg your pardon for my bad english! :-|
    When is the update coming
    So irritating

Is Samsung coming with the update ?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 08:45 AM
    Just bought the S6 from t-mobile store and out of the box most scrolling lags or is jittery within apps, system or chrome. Very annoying $600 experience.

09-13-2015 10:12 AM
    Just moved from iPhone and boy is the scrolling awful on this phone. I'm Gonna tough it out cause it's an awesome phone otherwise. Ive almost got it sorted. Here's what I've done. Turned off animations in developer options. Then went into settings, storage, cached data and cleared that. In twitter and Facebook I turn off automatic playing of videos and that's it. I have no stutter or lag on those apps now. I also changed the font on Twitter to 15pt. The scrolling is a little slow compared to iPhone but I think that's by design. I think the jitter and lag is coming from a ram issue. If you keep the cache data cleared it should be OK. I'm running 5.1.1

Also I've tried every browser the last few days and I've come down on UC browser. Lightning quick and smooth. Might not be to everyone's taste but it beats the stock browser and chrome hands down for smoothness and speed
    09-19-2015 07:10 PM
    Just chipping in to say the exact same issue exists on the other members of the new galaxy family. I have a note 5 and the scrolling lag is there as well.

The only thing I hope is that a future update will solve it. Luckily all of these phones are running on the same processor and virtually the same firmware. Fingers crosssed, he?
    10-02-2015 05:41 AM