Hey guys! Bought the official samsung charging pad today, for novelty factor more so then anything else if im honest! It was €55 to buy online here in Ireland (which is crazy money) but i got it along with a case for only €40 as part of a deal so i thought why the hell not. It came without a cable so naturally i assume i must use the fast charge cable with it? Here are a few questions i have.........

If using the fast charging cable with it , does that mean i will be getting fast charging capabilities from it? (iam assuming not)

If its generally not a good idea to use fast charge plugged in over night then does this apply to the wireless pad in conjunction with the fast charger?

And lastly. Can i run the cable from the usb port on my computer or does it have to be plugged in to a socket when using the wireless pad? The answers may seem obvious but just asking none the less! Not taking any chances with this baby ha
    05-21-2015 12:23 PM
    1 - No fast charging only works when using the compatible brick and plugging it in. Wireless cannot push it as fast.

2 - That is up for debate. I would say there isn't an issue but if you're worried you could just put it on the wireless pad instead.

3 - You could do this but I would recommend to use a wall plug as it will get better power.
    05-21-2015 12:29 PM
    Thanks mate. So essentially, even though i will be using the fast charging brick and cable , because its connected to the wireless pad it loses its fast charging capabilities ? and therefore is also safe to leave plugged in over night?
    05-21-2015 12:32 PM
    Thanks mate. So essentially, even though i will be using the fast charging brick and cable , because its connected to the wireless pad it loses its fast charging capabilities ? and therefore is also safe to leave plugged in over night?
    Yep .
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-21-2015 12:55 PM
    One last thing by the way. Will it charge wirelessly with the clear cover from samsung still in place? I assume it would seen as the cover came with the charging pad but some online reviews say it won't charge if you have a cover on. I'll find out for myself when iam home later i guess
    05-21-2015 01:49 PM
    One last thing by the way. Will it charge wirelessly with the clear cover from samsung still in place? I assume it would seen as the cover came with the charging pad but some online reviews say it won't charge if you have a cover on. I'll find out for myself when iam home later i guess
    Yes it will charge just fine with the case on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:01 PM
    I use a wireless charger but I found that my phone gets really warm. I have a thin samsung flip cover on the phone and it charges just fine with it on. When I charge the phone "normal" the phone doesn't get hot, only on the wireless charger.
    05-21-2015 05:15 PM
    I use a wireless charger but I found that my phone gets really warm. I have a thin samsung flip cover on the phone and it charges just fine with it on. When I charge the phone "normal" the phone doesn't get hot, only on the wireless charger.
    It is normal to heat up some -- no worries .
    05-21-2015 05:16 PM
    Is it ok to use the older samsung charger that came with the s3 for the wireless pad?? The fast charger cable isnt long enough for me! I want to use the "wireless" pad on my desk but it wont reach with the cable length of the fast charger
    05-21-2015 05:42 PM
    Is it ok to use the older samsung charger that came with the s3 for the wireless pad?? The fast charger cable isnt long enough for me! I want to use the "wireless" pad on my desk but it wont reach with the cable length of the fast charger
    This is a very good quality Long Wire
    comes in 1m / 2m / 3meters length
    http://www.play-asia.com/xpower-3m-a...blue/13/7081nx
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-25-2015 05:38 AM