I'm committed to AT&T due to superior signal strength at my workplace. I'm about ready to by an Edge. What are the pros and cons of buying from AT&T versus getting an unlocked phone from another source such as eBay? I've dabbled with custom ROMs on my phones in the past, but will probably stay stock in the beginning. Being able to root would be desirable.

If buying from a third party, what do I need to look for to take full advantage of the AT&T network?

TIA,

Mike
    05-24-2015 12:52 PM
    I'm committed to AT&T due to superior signal strength at my workplace. I'm about ready to by an Edge. What are the pros and cons of buying from AT&T versus getting an unlocked phone from another source such as eBay? I've dabbled with custom ROMs on my phones in the past, but will probably stay stock in the beginning. Being able to root would be desirable.

If buying from a third party, what do I need to look for to take full advantage of the AT&T network?

TIA,

Mike
    If you buy from AT&T store, free Galaxy tab. Help making sure everything is configured from a network perspective at least.

If you buy from a big box store like Best Buy, get good customer service and device set up as well as their protection plan.

eBay, to me, is a little more risk but, from what I understand, you have recourse through eBay. Other third party sellers, not so sure.

With the first two options, you would be more assured of a new, oob device.

We've been with AT&T since 1994 and stayed with them since they have been good to use especially when it comes early upgrades or replacing devices under warranty or insurance.
    05-24-2015 02:10 PM