If i press for text messages or any function, it pops up to go to the playstore. Why does it do this???? I want it to stop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2015 01:58 PM
    You'll need to be more specific as in when and from which exact app is doing that, as it sounds like the phone doesn't find the app it needs to open whatever it is you are opening and it's just going to the Play Store to download it.

Try to provide as much info as possible in order for us to help you, a screenshot will be great or at least the detailed info as mentioned above.
    05-26-2015 02:07 PM
    It does it when i open a text message, a email, any app

05-27-2015 09:22 AM
    Mine does the same thing...so annoying!!
    05-27-2015 02:12 PM
    Does it take you directly to an app to download? If so, you may have inadvertent installed some malware related to that play store app.

-# Cheers! #-
    05-27-2015 03:30 PM
    ^^+1

That's what I was going to say next after more information was provided, is the only thing I can think that it does that.
    05-27-2015 03:40 PM
    Mine does too, I ran an antivirus and it didn't help...
    05-27-2015 05:17 PM
    My wife's Droid MAXX does the same thing. Whenever she tries to open an app, it redirect her to the play store to download an app.

I tried, scanning her phone With the lookout ad scanner, and it didn't find anything. I think, it it's some kind of ad-hijacking from some app she download.

I think that, the only way to fix the problem is to do a factory data reset.

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge.
    05-27-2015 06:09 PM
    I remember it doing the same thing on my s4. Did factory resets and it still did it.

05-27-2015 09:40 PM
    It always brings you to the same games in the app store. Some clash of clans type games.
    05-27-2015 11:14 PM
    It always brings you to the same games in the app store. Some clash of clans type games.
    Do this, Clear you recent apps, then open the message or email app that it's doing this and when this happens and it gets you to the Play Store, just hit the Home Button to exit from it, click the Recent apps button, if I'm right you should see the App plus another one running, that one is the offender, all this assuming you are using the default Message or Email app because if you are using a third party app replacing the original one, that is the one for sure.

If in recent apps you can't see the offender one, try going to Settings-Applications Manager and in the Running Tab try leaving the ones you know are from the OS, ones like from Android, Google or related to Samsung somehow, the rest try to force stop them, then do the same I mentioned above but instead of going to Recent Apps go back to the Applications Manager-Running tab and see if there are a new one there it should be easier to identify it that way.

Once you find it, using either method, just remove it, don't think about it, it will keep annoying you if you don't.
    05-28-2015 11:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's my mp3 Downloader app. My wife has an s6 as well and she has the same problem. We both are using the same mp3 app. I'm going to have to find one that won't do this...
    05-28-2015 11:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's my mp3 Downloader app. My wife has an s6 as well and she has the same problem. We both are using the same mp3 app. I'm going to have to find one that won't do this...
    That would be for sure, most if not all of those apps are known for spam and intrusive behavior.
    05-28-2015 02:01 PM
    That was the culprit in my wife's case. She had downloaded one of those MP3 apps too. Once she deleted the app, the redirect stopped.

I don't think or like the fact that an app should be able to do that. Google should put a stop to that behavior!

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge.
    RAvard711 likes this.
    05-28-2015 02:06 PM