S6 Edge network mode missing

zsozsoka

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a S6 edge and trying to find out where is the network mode can be found. Far is I know, it should be under the "mobile network" menu, but is not there. All I have under the "mobile networks" menu is: Mobil data, International Data Roaming, Access Point Names and Network operators. None of these including the "network mode".
If I try to find it in the search, it takes me straight to where is should be, but again, is not there.
Anybody has the same issue? Can somebody tell me how I can find it?
I am living in US, so the phone is US version ,not EU or anything else...
Thanks.

zsozsoka

May 27, 2015
Visit site
At my house my phone is unreachable. A lots of miss calls. I want to see if I change from LTE to GSM or something else it might be a better option. Called Samsung ,they also told me it should be under "mobile network" menu. (but is not there). I have replaced the phone already, and still missing a lots of calls at my house.

MaLLoThaPrince

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a S6 edge and trying to find out where is the network mode can be found. Far is I know, it should be under the "mobile network" menu, but is not there. All I have under the "mobile networks" menu is: Mobil data, International Data Roaming, Access Point Names and Network operators. None of these including the "network mode".
If I try to find it in the search, it takes me straight to where is should be, but again, is not there.
Anybody has the same issue? Can somebody tell me how I can find it?
I am living in US, so the phone is US version ,not EU or anything else...
Thanks.
Who's the Carrier for your phone? Unlocked? CDMA or GSM?

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Ah, missunderstood, thought u mean turn on mobile data. Yes it should be under mobile network and than network mode. If its not there, must be bugged out and afraid a factory reset is only way.

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have VoLTE or advanced calling of any kind, turn that off. That'll help with the dropped calls and all that crap. I haven't dropped a call since I turned that off, and the quality has been significantly better as well. I'm on Verizon, btw. Hope this helps.

For the future, you should always include which carrier you are using, and any other specifics. It'll help a lot as far as receiving assistance for any issues you may be having.

Posted via the Android Central App

zsozsoka

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I am with ATT. I have already did the factory reset. The first device I have (2weeks ago) it had the same problem. I have called samsung customer service. They was not able to do anything, but I took they advise and called ATT customer service and they told me to replace the phone. So I did replace the phone (3 days ago) and still have miss calls at my house and the Network mode is still not where it should be.

zsozsoka

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I have found the solution. I was able chance the network type.
To do that, do the following. On keypad type in : *#*#4636#*#* then click "device info" then scroll down a little bit and you'll see a facing down arrow on the right side, click on it and select what ever is will working for you. I've choose "GSM only"
and it works perfect . After the changing I have tried to call my cell from the land line phone, 10 out 10calls my phone was ringing. Before it was like maybe 2 or 3 times only. Even with low signal bars still getting all the incoming calls.
Thanks for help guys, and I hope it will help for others who has the same issue.

Terrence Ward1

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this fix. It resolved my issue for my GS5 while switching from AT&T to another carrier. I am sure AT&T does this to prevent users from switching from their network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol