How to stop s6 edge muting music when receiving notifications

exiss

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

So I upgraded from HTC One M7 to S6 Edge on launch and recently I bought Spotify premium and I noticed that my phone mutes music every time I receive notification. It drives me crazy because I like to text/whatsapp while listening to music or browsing Internet. Is there a way to make the notification sound just be on top of the music without muting it?

Thanks

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So I upgraded from HTC One M7 to S6 Edge on launch and recently I bought Spotify premium and I noticed that my phone mutes music every time I receive notification. It drives me crazy because I like to text/whatsapp while listening to music or browsing Internet. Is there a way to make the notification sound just be on top of the music without muting it?

Thanks

That option is there because the phone figured that your massage was more important all phones do that gezz you guys complain about everything the gs6 does

Posted via the Android Central App

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Even more annoying, is I turn off notification sound but have ringtone on and listen to music in my car, any time I put my phone on the wireless charger cradle it pauses the music for a second then come back on. Is I turn off ringtones or doesn't do that... But then all system sounds are muted. I really hope the new M volume controls fix this crap.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
That option is there because the phone figured that your massage was more important all phones do that gezz you guys complain about everything the gs6 does

How the F my phone knows im getting a massage and its actually more important than my phone?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
How the F my phone knows im getting a massage and its actually more important than my phone?

Because that's the way there design . The phone designers designed the phones that way because they had the assumption that if you had notifications for reason and they're more important. Here's a thought why don't you just turn off notifications problem solved

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Because that's the way there design . The phone designers designed the phones that way because they had the assumption that if you had notifications for reason and they're more important. Here's a thought why don't you just turn off notifications problem solved

I know all that and i already suggested to turn the notification off, what i dont get is how or why would my phone give a crap if im getting a massage or not?

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I know all that and i already suggested to turn the notification off, what i dont get is how or why would my phone give a crap if im getting a massage or not?

Most people want a sound notification of getting a message. Kind of the point of notifications in general, I thought. Mine stops the music for just a second then goes right back on with playing, just like my iPhone used to do. That's just the way it is unless you turn text sounds off.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
poweramp has a feature built in... even plays music while playing games.. although it's an app you have to purchase.. not sure if the free version has this option or not...

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying my way is the only way but:

I still don't get why people like sound notifications. I leave my phone on vibrate almost exclusively. This gets rid of your issue. I don't think there is a way to make music override the notification sounds in this device. But it would be a useful feature to add. If I didn't leave mine on vibrate all day, I would feel the same as you.

I just don't get why people are so insistent on sound notifications anymore. I figure you always have your phone on you or very close to you. Vibrate should work for most unless you are always away from your phone.

Dachutney

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Omg this same problem is driving me up the wall! How pathetic. This is not my first Android device. I have not have any issues like this with my Huawei P6, LG G2, Nexus 7 ans Asus MemoPad HD7!! Pathetic Samsung. Looks like I'm going to have to Root it to go back to stock Lollipop.

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Your phone wants you to be comfortable and relaxed... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11