03-12-2019 07:48 PM
50 12
tools
    I received a voicemail and now the notification is stuck on my screen. i am not able to swipe it away and when i click and hold on it i go to the app info and the options are, set priority and hide content. Both i turned off and when i pulled down the notification bar it is still there. I have read previous posts but none apply to the s6. I read that you should do a system restart, but will that delete all the things on my phone? Anyone have any suggestions or help please?
    I was having the same problem as well when I just got the new galaxy note 5 from Verizon. I didn't set up my voicemail and when I did, I was having problems with it and heard visual voicemail was free then called in and got the visual voicemail setup. I noticed the icon was still there and when I pressed it went to basic voicemail with no voicemail but 6 voicemail notifications. < instead of clearing data and cache for voicemail do it to phone all 3 of them clear data and it'll disappear> if you do it for voicemail that fine as well, none of my contacts were deleted or anything except I don't know about voicemail I had listened to them already when I cleared the cache. Goodluck!
    01-07-2016 01:11 PM
    Have you also tried to clear cache and data in voicemail as well as the 3 phone datas? I just read your post right after I posted up and restarted my note 5 and the voicemail notifications are gone.
    01-07-2016 01:16 PM
    Clearing data on all 3 of phone applications really helped, thank you
    01-26-2016 06:25 AM
    In most phones you can remove that notification this way. Expand the notification bar, press & hold on the voice mail one, tap on app info and clear data for the phone app. The problem is that the icon will be back next time you reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work you could try in settings - apps and look for your phone app in the "all" tab.
    Clearing data from Phone App on the Application manager worked for me. Didn't lost any logs. Thanks!
    01-28-2016 09:01 AM
    Thing is many people do not want to to be notified of a voice mail and never intend in listening to their voicemails. My message says "Please do not leave a message I will not listen to it. Text or message or email only."

Frustrating thing is you have to go through the whole checking and deleting (with the horrible and slow voice prompt) to get it off your screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-13-2016 06:18 PM
    Thanks

02-13-2016 06:26 PM
    "Hi I have the same thing on my 1 day old Galaxy S6. It sayd I have 7 voicemails. I was looking around the internet and found this for S5:

"On your Samsung Galaxy S5 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone". Find the entry, tap it to view further information about this SystemApp. "

I hels down each icon ( I had 3, and touched 'clear data') This worked for me."

Thanks Melissa Kierpaul .... this worked perfectly.
    02-17-2016 01:04 PM
    "Hi I have the same thing on my 1 day old Galaxy S6. It sayd I have 7 voicemails. I was looking around the internet and found this for S5:

"On your Samsung Galaxy S5 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone". Find the entry, tap it to view further information about this SystemApp. "

I hels down each icon ( I had 3, and touched 'clear data') This worked for me."

Thanks Melissa Kierpaul .... this worked perfectly.
    Just go to Settings, Notification and sounds, and go down to notifications and lock screen...click that option and choose the 3rd choice to turn it off.... You're welcome!!! Note: dont go and clear any data like people.are saying...you can mess your phone up...
    03-31-2016 10:49 PM
    Hi

I was out of my mind over this problem and read and tried as much as I could to solve it and then I had my wife call my phone and leave a message. I opened my voicemail and the message, erased it and the icon went away.
    cv_s likes this.
    04-05-2016 11:54 PM
    Thank you, Melissa! You've spared me of several weeks of useless obsessive irritation! It worked just as you described it.
    04-10-2016 03:12 PM
    This worked for me. Changed the voice mail notification from icon to text message and it disappeared straight away...and it hasn't come back.
    04-26-2016 06:45 AM
    I had the same problem with my Galaxy S6. I tried just about everything suggested on here - it didn't work! I then decided to phone myself from the landline and left a message. I waited for the voicemail icon to appear, and for the missed call text message to arrive. I went to the voicemail via the icon in the top left (not via the text message) and listened to and then deleted the message I'd left myself. Hey presto! I hope it works for other people too!
    06-27-2016 10:16 AM
    I have exactly the same
    I go into my voicemail and either delete or save..or just listen to message and the notification goes

06-28-2016 03:16 PM
    Hi guys I just got the s6 today and the voicemail notification was pissing me off as well. I went into settings - applications - manage applications - slide along to "all" - find the "phone" and force stop it. Worked well for me, hope this helps ☺
    Worked for me. Thanks. Just changed carrier to EE. Wanting to charge 30p per minute to retrieve voicemail. I don't think so! Disabled it and got rid of the notification.
    08-07-2016 06:11 PM
    I used this small app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cationshandler

Doesn't require any special permissions or a rooted phone.
    It just simply clears this annoying voicemail notification.
    11-01-2016 12:41 PM
    Cool, That worked for me on a Samsung Galaxy J2, after 45 minutes of trying other ideas. I am a bit curious to know what all that data was on the three Phone apps, as the phone logs and Contacts still exist. But nothing else had cleared that spurious Voicemail Alert in the Notifications bar. Much appreciated.
    11-01-2016 09:46 PM
    You can just listen to the voicemail and the notification will go away straight away. On you contacts you should type in on the search bar the name of your network you phone is currently on there should be a contact for your network to check your balance and voice mail. Click on the one that says voice mail and you can hear the message. Then the notification should go instantly. Hope that helped and that you understood what u was trying to say.
    12-17-2016 10:49 AM
    I don't think the issue is with the phone. No other solutions mentioned above worked, so I tried this below;

Click on the voicemail alert OR dial your voicemail number

Select voicemail settings

There will be an advance notifications switch off option

Switch it off!

I don't know why and how it was switched on in the first place because I never asked for this stupid thing. So annoying
    01-06-2017 08:06 AM
    I received a voicemail and now the notification is stuck on my screen. i am not able to swipe it away and when i click and hold on it i go to the app info and the options are, set priority and hide content. Both i turned off and when i pulled down the notification bar it is still there. I have read previous posts but none apply to the s6. I read that you should do a system restart, but will that delete all the things on my phone? Anyone have any suggestions or help please?
    I also have a Samsung S6 and have had that problem. Have someone call you and leave you a message. Go to your Voicemail and listen to the message normally. When the voicemails asks you if you want to delete the message. Delete it - the notification will disappear.
    03-07-2017 05:49 PM
    My home screen has a "new voicemail" notification. I don't get much voicemail. I don't want any notifications about anything. I especially don't want voicemail notifications when there is no voicemail. I set "hide notifications" in the phone settings. I just figured out the only way I can remove the "new voicemail" is to go to the phone settings screen and clear cache or data or whatever.
    05-09-2017 05:40 PM
    If this works for somebody, i used it in Mexico with Telcel as carrier and a Galaxy S8. I had canceled the option of voice messages with the carrier, but i ALWAYS had the icon showing as if i had a voice message, dealed with that for months just closing it from settings/apps/Phone, then after months with that bugging me. I decided to contact the carrier, they said they couldn't do anything cause i cancelled the service, then i asked.. ok then please activate it again which they did, i registered my name, welcome message as if i was gonna use it... and then the icon dissapeared!!.. i immediatly contacted them to cancel the service again and voilá! the icon finally has gone.
    This was finally a permanent solution, hope this can he helpful,
    08-04-2017 03:10 PM
    Thank you Jeffery. I worked on this for awhile. Tracfone reset my voicemail account while on live chat but the guy didn't understand the voicemail notification issue. Resetting voicemail did nothing. Mine is a Samsung SM-S320VL. Your solution worked. Here's how I interpreted your instructions relative to my phone:
    Settings
    Applications
    Application Manager (wait till it loads then...)
    More
    Show system apps
    Go down to the three phones (Yes, I don't know why there are three green handsets with 'Phone')
    Go into each one
    Storage
    Clear Data (Warnings pop up, click Delete anyway)
    Clear Cache
    and clear the cache and the data in each 'Phone'
    Leave
    Voicemail notification was gone.
    Thanks again!
    11-21-2017 12:07 AM
    Clearing data from Phone App on the Application manager worked for me. Didn't lost any logs. Thanks!
    I have this problem but when I go to apps manager>phone (there are 3 phone entries) there is no option to clear data.
    12-22-2017 04:24 AM
    On most phones you have to save or delete the voicemail itself after you listened to it for the notification to disappear. If you're listening then ending the call that may be the problem. Reason notification remains after just listening is to remind you . Like maybe a person disconnected without listening to the whole message. Forces you to decide what to do with the voicemail. And it takes 15 or 20 seconds for the notification to disappear. So listen to your voicemail and see if any are not saved or deleted
    02-06-2018 01:49 PM
    You can also clear it by Holding down the voicemail notification and turn off notifications and then turn them back on again.

Edit: Nevermind it comes back in an hour or so if you do it that way.
    03-12-2019 07:48 PM
50 12