How to remove the voicemail notification on the Samsung S6 Edge?

A

AC Question

I received a voicemail and now the notification is stuck on my screen. i am not able to swipe it away and when i click and hold on it i go to the app info and the options are, set priority and hide content. Both i turned off and when i pulled down the notification bar it is still there. I have read previous posts but none apply to the s6. I read that you should do a system restart, but will that delete all the things on my phone? Anyone have any suggestions or help please?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to remove the voicemail notification on the samsung s6 edge?

I received a voicemail and now the notification is stuck on my screen. i am not able to swipe it away and when i click and hold on it i go to the app info and the options are, set priority and hide content. Both i turned off and when i pulled down the notification bar it is still there. I have read previous posts but none apply to the s6. I read that you should do a system restart, but will that delete all the things on my phone? Anyone have any suggestions or help please?

Welcome to the forums.

That is generally a network issue and I have had that happen before, more than a couple of times.

Each time I call my carrier and there is something they do on their end that clears it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

In most phones you can remove that notification this way. Expand the notification bar, press & hold on the voice mail one, tap on app info and clear data for the phone app. The problem is that the icon will be back next time you reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work you could try in settings - apps and look for your phone app in the "all" tab.

Rebecca R

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same problem with my phone, and have had it since the day I got it. I talked to Samsung twice for both a hour long. They could not help me. When I cleared my voicemail data and cache It went away for about a hour and would come back. I then went to Best Buy. They did the same thing Samsung told me to do. I then went to Sprint and called in had my voicemail cleared as well as totally restart my phone which deleted everything as if a new phone. It is still here. I am so mad right now. I just want to get rid of this phone.. If anyone can give me some advice it would be highly appreciated.

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I wanted to love this phone!! Sonce second one.... i was on the phone for total of 3 hours!!!! I was pulling my hair out.. finally!!! It was able to dial out... everything was creamy donuts. ...next day... i have several vm.s i listen..delete...even dump trash. . Think nothing about it... next time i look at phone..3 vm.s. hmmmm...i go thru process...again. . And again...for now 3 werks. Im a gifted/natural at phone glitched. .no..no..no.not this one. SO i go thru all the suggestions.. off..on...battery out.. go and reboot to beginning . screw that. Its a ICON galaxy! I even rationalized. .that it. Was only a vm icon ..ill deal with it.. BUT I CANT!! Please ..step by step tell me dear galaxy friends from far far or miles away.. how do i get the icon off. Thank u for ALL replies. Michelle

Mark Stephenson1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

This is very simple! Once you have listened to the voicemail select the appropriate option to delete the message and hey presto the voicemail icon disappears and so does the notification. The reason why it remains is cause even though you have maybe listened to the message it is still an active message in your voicemail.

Hope this helps you all struggling with this issue. Mark

grega918v

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

No this does not help. I don't have any voicemail messages and the notification icon is still there. Sprint reset my voicemail account and the icon popped right back after they reactivated it. They said there's nothing else they can do.

Melissa Kierpaul

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Hi I have the same thing on my 1 day old Galaxy S6. It sayd I have 7 voicemails. I was looking around the internet and found this for S5:

"On your Samsung Galaxy S5 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone". Find the entry, tap it to view further information about this SystemApp. "

I hels down each icon ( I had 3, and touched 'clear data') This worked for me.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

What does clearing all those "phone data" actually do? I don't want to have to reinstall contacts.

from "Ms Note 3"

Andrew Fox8

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi guys I just got the s6 today and the voicemail notification was pissing me off as well. I went into settings - applications - manage applications - slide along to "all" - find the "phone" and force stop it. Worked well for me, hope this helps ☺

Nev-D

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

When I scroll down to the "phone" there is 3 of them ?? which one do I touch

pbax58

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

On your Samsung Galaxy S6 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone" I had 3, and touched clear data on all 3 This worked for me so far.
if this keeps up I will change to a apple I am that pissed off with this.

will23bunter

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

If people are still stuck, ring your voicemail go thru all the options until its says change notifications to come thru text rather than a voicemail notification symbol n bammmm! Its now removed for good :)

Sinead Meenan

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

I had this problem since the day I got this phone. I thought it would go away after a few days but no luck.
I read about clearing data but did not want to do this as I did not wanot to risk losing my contacts.
I finally got it away after doing this
Go to applications ... phone.
. Go into voicemail settings and type in 901 as the voicemail number.
I then dialled my voicemail and listened to the message and thankfully it has gone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084