Speck Candyshell Grip

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I guess the Speck CandyShell Grip for the S6 Edge don't like screen protectors. I just put my 4th screen protector on this S6 edge.

I had a dry install Zagg on it when I got it. I had no problems with a Verizon type that slid into a holster for the belt, and I had no problem with a Incipio Dual Pro case.

But the Candyshell tagged the bottom of the screen protector, so I replaced it with a invisible shield hd clear. Same thing worked fine in the other 2 cases, but this time the candy shell got it on the top.

The third one was a hd clear, and this time I waited several days before putting in the case so the protector would fully adhere. I carefully put the candyshell on and made sure it didn't catch on either end, It looked smooth top and bottom, I thought finally, well couple of days ago, now 4 spots on the bottom popped up. So even when I got it in without catching, and looked smooth, it still found a way to roll up on the bottom and now is separated from the phone. Well I'm not counting the Celbee one I tried cause I messed that one when I didn't catch the dust and hair that got underneath it and I ended up scragging that one.

So I ordered Screenmate ECO edge screen protector from iloome, came in a pack with 3 screen protectors. It came today and I had better luck installing this one without anything flying underneath as I was applying it, made sure the fan was off this time. :)

I think I'll just stick with the Incipio Dualpro or the Verizon case that slides into the part on the belt clip and say to heck with the candyshell.

Too bad as I like the candyshell one the best, but can't be going through screen protectors that fast. :) Only thing I could think of would be to put some clear scotch tape on the top and bottom and wrap around the top and bottom edge, but then I'd see the edge of the tape and would probably not like seeing tape sticking out from the case top and bottom. Unless I can find some really clear tape. Hmmm. ;)

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
HI. I too have the sane issue. On my 2nd screen protector. The casemate clear case with sparkles doesn't do it !

♡ Live life to the fullest ♡

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It's irritating as I make sure the bottom went in at a angle where the lip of the case was over it and carefully pushed the front in figuring when it slid, the lip would slide along so it should not have pushed on the bottom, but apparently it moves just enough in the case where the edge of the protector got just outside of the lip and then couldn't go back under.

At least the Incipio Dualpro doesn't give me that problem, course that one the inside comes out of the case so I put it on first, then slide the hard case on to it, sure wish the candyshell did the same, but I can't separate the inside lining on it. I like the red color of the Incipio I have, just wish it would have the same gripness as the candyshell.

I'm sorry the casemate does the same thing on your phone. I hope you can find a good case you like that won't mess with the screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge