Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 'Unfortunately clock has stopped working' how can I fix this?

Aneil Younis

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 'Unfortunately clock has stopped working'

My galaxy s6 edge keeps bringing up the error 'unfortunately clock has stopped working'. Now I've known to go clear the cache and the application's cache and data but the issue would arise again as soon as I put a new alarm in. The application would keep crashing every 2 seconds or less and bringing up that error message. I've restarted the phone numerous times, factory reset the phone once and keep clearing the main cache all the time. It's the clock application that comes with the phone that keeps doing this, no other app does this on my phone. I have the latest android version 5.0.2 and no I can't give a screenshot right now of the error message because the problem is occurring right now, next time the error happens I can possibly post it. Would love if someone knows how to keep this from happening completely.

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 'Unfortunately clock has stopped working'

***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

6/14/2015

I too experienced the issue "unfortunately, clock has stopped" after updating my phone to Lollipop. I called Verizon and they told me to do a factory restore, which I did. The issue still persisted.

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset, and it didn't work. You don't have to do this if this if selecting a date format works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

shaikhloveali

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
While setting the alarm , do not select to repeat to all days - If you select one alarm to repeat to all 7 days the error would occur , so to avoid the error you have to just leave 1 day as not to repeat and the problem will not come